G8 center with shifter and Tap up tap down shift

Drivetrain discussion including Transmission, Differential, Driveshaft, and related items.
Maxspeed96ct

G8 center with shifter and Tap up tap down shift

Post by Maxspeed96ct »

:D I'll start with the tap shift. You need a g8 shifter, and then you run wire from pin 1 on the shifter to pin 17 on the green connector of the BCM
next you need a wire from pin 4 on the shifter goes to pin 20 on the bcm green connector .

I used part number snac-a021t-m0.64 for terminals on the BCM. The two for the other side on the shifter I got from steve walker but Ill try to get the numbers for you guys. Youll need to barrow or buy a molex crimper tool.

(smwalker here editing in: The terminals for the shifter are Yazaki 7116-4021 - Problem here is they are not widely available and the places that do have them have like 25 min order quantity. So I got them if you need them. One other option is to take a look at your police upfitters harness. The same terminals are used in that 5 foot extension harness that plugs in behind the glove box and gets curled up in the floor board. De-pin it from that extension harness and use the wire in the shifter harness. Might even be long enough to reach the BCM )

No special programing is needed but the gears and sport mode do not display on the dash. Need to use your noggin as if it was a real manual (don't worry the ecu will still down shift for you as needed.
To really make your sport shifts feel sporty Id highly recommend a custom tune.

There's a few thread on the center console. I used these threads for references.

https://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewto ... =20&t=1065" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I still have yet to hook up a TC switch, just have the oem one wired in for now. The one I got was from a v6 g8 but I need the connector, I didn't think it was going to be different.

also missing some odds and ends like the piece for the passenger side handle and the cup holders.

Here are some pics so far

Ill add to this thread as I have time.

ImageUntitled by david B, on Flickr

ImageCaprice by david B, on Flickr

the shifter connector

the g8 shifter pin out

BCM green connector pin out
Last edited by Maxspeed96ct on Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Maxspeed96ct

Re: G8 center with shifter and Tap up tap down shift

Post by Maxspeed96ct »

center cubby in the making

91C02920

Post by 91C02920 »

No special programing is needed
:)

Great to hear the TUTD works with just wiring it up!

Install looks great. I really like the cubby box you are making. I really need one of those for my car.
Maxspeed96ct

Post by Maxspeed96ct »

Just to update, i'm waiting on cup holders to 100% finish.

But I wanted to share what i used for a traction and trunk button.

Got the traction/trunk button from GM parts direct 92247604 for 25$ and steve walker had the white connector.

The terminal pins are mouser part # 1123343-1

Maxspeed96ct

Post by Maxspeed96ct »

99% done ImageUntitled by david B, on Flickr
gregc

Post by gregc »

Maxspeed96ct wrote:99% done ImageUntitled by david B, on Flickr

I've been looking for that white connector forever. Still can't find one
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

gregc wrote: I've been looking for that white connector forever. Still can't find one
Just realized the info on it is kind of hidden in an unrelated titled thread so some might miss it. But link to info:
http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtop ... =10#p13796" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have the 9C3 switch white connectors and terminals in supply if you need them. They are part of a kit I have put together for the 9C1 to 9C3 console conversion. More info here:

https://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewto ... =21&t=4011
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Matdaddy

Post by Matdaddy »

What was the total cost and time spent? Would you say it was worth it?
Rickw

Post by Rickw »

I know I’m super late to the thread. But I have a few questions hoping to get them answered. So I took my shifter off the 9c1 and a g8 to converge them together. I took the harness from the 9c1 and basically shifted it to the g8 shifter. Everything works factory sport/traction control buttons. So in order to hook up tutd. Do I add pins to the harness on the shifter or do I put them in the blank spots on the shifter connector to have tutd?