Fuel tank fills halfway...

Discussion on fuel delivery & intake/exhaust tech & mods.
Ciege92

Fuel tank fills halfway...

Post by Ciege92 »

Previous owner seemingly changed the fuel pump on my car when they supercharged it and the tank only fills halfway (only about 8 gallons and i am unsure if the secondary side has any inside of it). There is always be venting fuel vapors onto my cabin and always stinks of fuel. What can do to troubleshoot the cause of this issue? I was thinking of replacing the charcoal canister is there anything else that I should check?
Sanford

Re: Fuel tank fills halfway...

Post by Sanford »

Did they remove the tank to install the pump or did they do the quick way and cut a hole in the floor board? What year car do you have? If I remember correctly, you may have to pull the rear cradle to get the charcoal canister out, which also had to been done to remove the fuel tank.

David
Ciege92

Post by Ciege92 »

They cut a hole. I have a 2011.
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

I would pull up the seat and remove the cover and tank a look around with a mirror and bright light to see if they managed to kink a hose, which may be causing the filling problem. They may have left/knocked off a hose causing the smell. Once someone has started modifying things, all bets are off as to how well they did things.

David