Diablosport Trinity...anyone used one?

Tech discussions on the L77 6.0L V8.
eagle-co94

Diablosport Trinity...anyone used one?

Post by eagle-co94 »

I contacted Diablosport as their Trinity Tuner carries a tune for the G8 GT and GXP (and many other cars). All they replied with was: "Unfortunately we do not have any plans to support your vehicle at this time. Thank you."

I asked if he was aware that the car was basically a modified G8 which their tuner does cover and even offered my car (which is on the way) for them to test with as they're only 35 min up the road. I'm still waiting on a response from Diablosport.

I'm looking to get one and try it out if nobody else has yet. Worst case scenario I can use it on my wife's CTS-V or Challenger SRT8.
-James . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
leadfart

Re: Diablosport Trinity...anyone used one?

Post by leadfart »

I use it on my pickup. I contacted them years ago, and never got any interest from them. Of course now, I use HPtuners, on my blower setup. 8-)
Bob Dannelley
2011 Alto Gray 9C3 Caprice PPV-Maggie-11.64@119.68-Sold!
1995 DCM Impala SS-409-Stroker!-11.83@115
2014 Silver Ice LTZ Silverado Crewcab 4X4
2007 Black Z51 M6-Corvette Coupe
greasychevy

Post by greasychevy »

It wont wont. tried it. For what they cost you could get a real tune.
2011 9c1 Hugo Blue
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

My wife's DD is an '05 V and I have a '10 Challenger SRT8 project in the garage so it'll get some use. I might just hook it up to my Magnum SRT8 before I part it out. That won't start until my 9C3 gets here next week and passes inspection.
-James . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

I'm really hoping that Diablosport replies since I'm willing to bring in my own car for them to play with. I can't imagine it's that much more work to adapt the tune from the G8 and potentially the SS tune if they're working on one.
leadfart

Post by leadfart »

Good luck, they strictly do what they want to do. :lol: I think it would be an easy tweak, but they want numbers, to do a tune. Hope you're successful. :mrgreen:
Bob Dannelley
2011 Alto Gray 9C3 Caprice PPV-Maggie-11.64@119.68-Sold!
1995 DCM Impala SS-409-Stroker!-11.83@115
2014 Silver Ice LTZ Silverado Crewcab 4X4
2007 Black Z51 M6-Corvette Coupe
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

I'm not going to try too hard because they seem to think they're $#!+ don't stink. I heard way too many horror stories about people bricking their 11+ Mopars because the tunes weren't quite right. I quite following after people were no longer willing to be guinea pigs at revision "E."
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

For some reason the manufacturers of those little tuner-in-a-box setups don't like our cars. Two or three of them have responded "NICHT!" to people requesting them to do tunes. Maybe they don't like the extensive tables the L77 has to accommodate the E85... I'd talk nice to Chris Henry at the show, maybe he can set you up.
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Diablomike

Post by Diablomike »

Hey guys, no reason we can't add support for these cars. I haven't had much in the way of requests, but it shouldn't be too difficult. I have a new SS scheduled for next week as well as a C7 for some CAI tuning, but we can work something out after that.

OP, I see you are local, please shoot me an email, mlitsch @ diablosport.com and we can set something up.

Thanks
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

As soon as my car arrives this week and I get a chance to go through it and make sure everything is good I'll shoot you an e-mail. Thanks for posting!