L77 oxygen sensor replacement?

Tech discussions on the L77 6.0L V8.
Koz71

L77 oxygen sensor replacement?

Post by Koz71 »

Hi all. I’m needing to replace front (upstream) O2 sensors on my 14 Caprice 6.0… any secrets to getting to the connectors? I see the O2 sensor wires go up towards the back of engine and disappear.. Zero room between firewall and engine, and no visibility… Tips/tricks? Thanks..
Mooseman

Re: L77 oxygen sensor replacement?

Post by Mooseman »

After removing and disconnecting the old sensors, first plug in the new ones and then gently drop them down from the top leaving them hanging. Just give them a twist in the opposite direction for the wire and screw them in. Easy peasy.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

the plugs are behind the heads , 1 on each side

i think the pass side is the harder one to get to
bstoner

Post by bstoner »

I hope your experience goes better then mine. Mine were so rusted on my 14 no amount of PB Blaster would break them loose. Broke the O2 socket trying to get them out. I ended up cutting the wires, grinding the top of the O2 sensor off so I could use a normal deepwell socket, heat the O2 sensor until cherry red then used a breaker bar to get them out. I get so jealous when people say its a 15 minute job and here I am several hours later trying to change a simple O2 sensor.
2014 Caprice PPV, 6.0L, BTR Stage 2 Cam, 3.45, 3" exhaust, Rotofab intake, Chris Henry tuned, future LSA....
Koz71

Post by Koz71 »

Thanks all. The driver’s side wasn’t too bad. Passenger side required me to remove intake manifold to access the O2 sensor connector on back of pass side head.. That passenger side clearance to firewall is pretty much zero.,,
Capeasy

Post by Capeasy »

Does anyone have the Ohms Values for these Denso p/n 234-4668 ? Internet says between 10 to 20 Ohms in general. These 1 year old upstream sensors are coming in around 5.7 to 5.9 Ohms.
Thanks