Dod delete +cam and headers upgrade

Tech discussions on the L77 6.0L V8.
JoeR

Re: Dod delete +cam and headers upgrade

Post by JoeR »

Ctuck21 wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:12 pm What would running a stage 3 cam as a daily driver do as opposed to a lower cam?
Rougher idle. A little less bottom end torque. More torque and horsepower everywhere else.
A stage 3 cam is probably not what you're looking for unless you also plan to add a higher stall converter at the same time. You can do it with a stock one, but it's going to pull the brakes on you a little.

Joe
Ctuck21

Post by Ctuck21 »

Another I’ve been looking at for sale has following:

Btr stage 3 na cam
Morel lifters
Circle d billet 3800rpm converter
Rocker bushing
Melling hvsp pump
Stainless headers
Powerstop brakes all around
Arp head bolts
Ls9 gaskets
60lb injectors
Aem wideband
3" exhaust all the way back with cutouts and factory mufflers, so it's either straight piped or almost as quiet as Stock.

Just wondering if all this needs to be done anyway eventually to some degree if it would be worth looking further into. Unless with the setup it would make a terrible daily.
2014 Caprice
2006 Silverado 2500HD LBZ
1965 Ford Falcon
bstoner

Post by bstoner »

I personally would not enjoy DD a stage 3 cam but many do. Depends on tolerances of streetability. The converter should help but you will have a lot of thump at idle, rough idle, car shake, etc. NVH goes out the window. LOL. 3" exhaust will be loud. There is no way it will be quiet. I run ARH headers, cats, 2 sets of resonators, and mufflers and it is still loud. Not super loud but with a cam you know its not stock. Well actually anyone within about 100 feet will know its not stock. LOL. It won't be race car loud but it's not quiet anymore either. I noticed with my 3" you feel it more in your chest. Its a deeper thump sound.
2014 Caprice PPV, 6.0L, BTR Stage 2 Cam, 3.45, 3" exhaust, Rotofab intake, Chris Henry tuned, future LSA....