2012 Caprice LSA Build - Boost District - G8 LSA Serpentine (6 rib) Kit - DOD - Cam

Tech discussions on the L77 6.0L V8.
Schul274

2012 Caprice LSA Build - Boost District - G8 LSA Serpentine (6 rib) Kit - DOD - Cam

Post by Schul274 »

Just thought I'd throw some pictures and details up on a build I did recently on my caprice.

I will try to update details later. Below are the parts I used:

Boost District - G8 LSA serpentine (6 rib) kit - doesn't seem to be on the site, but may still be available. This requires you to swap to the G8 water pump.
-$4500

BTR DOD kit
BTR Cam install Kit
BTR PSD Stage 1 cam kit (springs and pushrods)
-$1350

BTR trunion upgrade
-$130

Tune
-$TBD

Total time: ~32 Hours (this is my second LSA install)

Link to my other LSA build:

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=456603

I'm just going to dump the pictures. Descriptions to be added later.

New Cam in:

Fast 85s injectors (replaced o rings):

Schul274

Re: 2012 Caprice LSA Build - Boost District - G8 LSA Serpentine (6 rib) Kit - DOD - Cam

Post by Schul274 »

503 RWHP
s/c'd cav

Re: 2012 Caprice LSA Build - Boost District - G8 LSA Serpentine (6 rib) Kit - DOD - Cam

Post by s/c'd cav »

curious why you use the 6 rib set up vs LSA ? you did 90% of the work necessary to install it all

did you get boost districts new larger heat exchanger ?
cerbomark

Post by cerbomark »

Looks great! Nice pics too.
2016 C1
Schul274

Post by Schul274 »

I went with the 6 rib setup because it was a little cheaper ( i think). I had done a 6 rib setup on my camaro when I did an lsa swap for it as well, so I was more familiar with it. We ended up having to buy the G8 water pump (since the kit needs the top rad hose inlet/outlet on the other side), so it probably would have been better to just go with an 8 rib setup.

We went with the base HX I think.
s/c'd cav wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 11:09 am curious why you use the 6 rib set up vs LSA ? you did 90% of the work necessary to install it all

s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

Schul274 wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:41 pm I went with the 6 rib setup because it was a little cheaper ( i think). I had done a 6 rib setup on my camaro when I did an lsa swap for it as well, so I was more familiar with it. We ended up having to buy the G8 water pump (since the kit needs the top rad hose inlet/outlet on the other side), so it probably would have been better to just go with an 8 rib setup.

We went with the base HX I think.
s/c'd cav wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 11:09 am curious why you use the 6 rib set up vs LSA ? you did 90% of the work necessary to install it all

gotcha !

was hoping to hear you went with the upgraded larger one , i havent decided yet on his larger one , or doing a interchiller

either way the car is going to be a hell of alot of fun !
Schul274

Post by Schul274 »

[/quote]

gotcha !

was hoping to hear you went with the upgraded larger one , i havent decided yet on his larger one , or doing a interchiller

either way the car is going to be a hell of alot of fun !
[/quote]

If you're gonna push it, get the bigger cooler. This build was really targeted at 500-550 RWHP daily driver, which we hit the low end (mostly due to exhaust).

I know the guys running big power like to do the cooler upgrade and pump upgrades, but the smaller one is sufficient for putting around.
Groundczero

Post by Groundczero »

Looks and sounds nice, what is the exhaust setup that you did looking to do something similar.
Schul274

Post by Schul274 »

Groundczero wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:46 am Looks and sounds nice, what is the exhaust setup that you did looking to do something similar.
It is a stock exhaust with Solo axle back muffler deletes.

Still has cats, resonators, pup mufflers, etc, just the rear mufflers deleted. It's very subtle. Quiet, but makes the right noises when you're on it.