front and rear sway bar from 2014 ppv

If you're looking for a specific Caprice PPV-related part, service, or car post your requests here.
Forum rules
SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
ewinder68

front and rear sway bar from 2014 ppv

Post by ewinder68 »

Hey all I thought I had a line on a new sway bar I was wrong. I'm looking for a front and rear sway bar from a 2014 ppv to upgrade my g8 gt thanks guys!
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Re: front and rear sway bar from 2014 ppv

Post by Navy Lifer »

I have a new 26mm front bar, standard for 14-17 SS & PPV.

2011-2013 PPV front bar is 24mm, just one click larger than your G8 - not worth the effort.

Rear PPV bar is 16mm for 2011-2013, and 20mm (same as GXP) for 14-17 PPV

If you REALLY wanted to upgrade, the rear bar is going to make more difference, since your G8 front bar is 23mm, vs 24mm for 11-13 PPV. Not sure of stock G8 rear bar, but I'm thinking it's 18mm.

You should take a look at the rear bars for 14-17 SS if you want to do a true upgrade....it does require modification/addition of a bracket (welded) to mount the bigger rear bars. 2014 was 28mm, 2015>2017 is 25mm but a different configuration, but either way calls for some changes to the lower control arm sway bar end links on top of everything else.

I assume you may have seen this: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=2276
ewinder68

Post by ewinder68 »

Thank you I was looking for the 26mm bar everywhere I look they're out of stock. How much did you want for one?
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

I had not given serious thought to selling it - sorry if I gave that impression. The bar does list as a good PN, but no idea about actual available inventory in the system. I will check with my source on Monday. I think the money "saved" buying from a private party will be eaten up by the cost of shipping, so it's best to buy the bar at a local dealer, if you can get a deal.

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts ... r-92509243

The new bar does include the insulators and clamps (items 2 & 3 in the illustration), already installed, as far as I know.

It would probably be a good idea to renew the stabilizer bar to strut links when installing the new bar.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

My local parts source (Chevy dealer) tells me that there is stock on hand for this part at Lansing MI, and GM is still catching up on delivery post-strike.

There are aftermarket options, too.

https://www.cspracing.com/whiteline-plu ... an/bhf62z/

With any rear bar upgrade to G8, you have to be careful to properly beef-up both the chassis mounts and the lower control arms, and use a better link setup, or you'll find that the stock setup can fail with a larger bar installed--typical failure will be either a saddle clamp on the chassis, the lower control arm attachment point, the link itself, or a combination of all three. Something to think about - there are solutions available.
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

yeah we are still having issues getting parts from LANSING , they seem to the only location having issues lately