Aiming headlights 2014

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
Misanthrope

Aiming headlights 2014

Post by Misanthrope »

Not sure if this is the right location ..I am unable to get my low beams high enough to provide vision at night. Top of beams is at 15 inches at 25 feet.
I notice the upfitter drilled through the case and the low beam reflector and added Wig Bulbs? will this prevent the reflectors from moving?
Attachments
IMG_4715[1].JPG
IMG_4715[1].JPG (2.05 MiB) Viewed 347 times
IMG_4714[1].JPG
IMG_4714[1].JPG (1.74 MiB) Viewed 347 times
Scrammbledeggs

Re: Aiming headlights 2014

Post by Scrammbledeggs »

Those should be your high beams. Your lows are in the projector housing
Misanthrope

Post by Misanthrope »

Yes I could tell that immediately but when i remove the dust caps and push on the low beam it seems to move the reflector a little. Adjusters don't move the beam on either side. With the original halogens the beams look like old fog lights, straight line on the road about 30 feet from the vehicle. High beams are perfect. New led bulbs in the low beam extend the cone a little and provide a whiter light. But neither provide enough light for my old eyes.
Misanthrope

Post by Misanthrope »

What I have found..2014 at least has both low beam and high beam reflectors mounted to a white plastic cradle that is mounted to the housing on a plastic pivot at bottom center. The adjuster connects to the top of the cradle on a plastic pivot and affects both beams. If an upfitter drills through the outer case and the high beam reflector to install wig/wag? lights the cradle becomes locked in place and the lights become non adjustable. If the adjustment was off when this was done the lights become permanently locked out of adjustment. If someone tries hard enough to adjust the low beams the adjuster has enough torque to easily snap the pivot making that headlight assembly ruined. On my car both sides are ruined. This is what made my low beams look light fog lights.