Water dripping from under drivers side floorboard

Discussion on Air Conditioning/Heat & electronic controls for the same, radiators/fans/engine cooling and related items.
Capeasy

Water dripping from under drivers side floorboard

Post by Capeasy »

Just wondering if it's condensation from the A/C that I just noticed dripping after the car had been up on Jack's for the past 2 months under a covered canopy?
I finally got the car running after some wire harness issues on the motor, and I let it idle for about 20 minutes and turned the AC on for the last 5 minutes to get all the juices flowing. After I shut in down and was under the car buttoning up a few things I noticed clear water dripping from between the heatshield and the underside of the floor pan. I'm not sure if there is some other insulation material sandwiched between the heatshield and Floorplan that held moisture until the Hot exhaust warmed it up? Or could it be evaporator condensation, but that usually drips up under the front passenger side area?
The car got washed about 2 months ago and no rain water on the car being its under a carport. Please chime in if anyone else experienced this same issue. Thanks
Walt (AKA:Capeasy) So. Cal.
2013 Caprice 9C1,Huron white, Blackbear tune, DOD Delete, Texas Speed stage 2 cam with all the goodies, Circle D 258 mm converter, 3200 stall. Spectra CAI, 3.45 Diff, deep trans pan. BlackWidow Venom exhaust,Granatelli oval cutouts, Doug Thorley tri-Y headers, Pedders coilovers,Tower brace, Widend OE. rear wheels to 10" wide with 295 Nitto's
Sanford

Re: Water dripping from under drivers side floorboard

Post by Sanford »

Sounds like it is just condensation from the evap core. It usually drips of the transmission.
Capeasy

Post by Capeasy »

I think I'll run it a bit longer with the A/C on and the cars up on blocks. I thought the evap condensation came out a designated hose under the front passenger side of the car ?
I'll try pinpointing where it's actually coming from. If it's just oozing from between the heat shield material and the floor pan I would think it will eventually begin to cause rust.
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

The evap core drain is on the upper part of the driver side of the trans tunnel. The water usually drips off of the driver side of the transmission. Hole is circled and the picture is of a car that had the firewall shoved back by the engine, so the area where the hole is is a little bent up.
IMG_7102.jpeg
IMG_7102.jpeg (646.62 KiB) Viewed 606 times
Capeasy

Post by Capeasy »

Wow, Thank you for that photo.
And I was just under that area to install a vent cap (GM Genuine Parts 25892279 Multi-Purpose Vent https://a.co/d/74M4UrI)on the Trans vent hose that runs up the front of the bell housing that I thought it would of had a cover to keep debris or water from going in the trans right from the factory?
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

The car came with a breather from the factory. It may have gotten brittle from the heat and was damaged during previous repairs.