Unknown 5 pin flat plug ?

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
Capeasy

Unknown 5 pin flat plug ?

Post by Capeasy »

I was troubleshooting the upstream O2 sensor wiring plugs coming from the harnesses. I noticed a flat 5 pin male plug just behind the Drivers side Head that was not connected to anything. We've had the motor out before but hadn't noticed anything plugged into it. Has anyone noticed this plug before or know if it's some accessory that we don't have on our 2013s ? Any help would be great.
Also has anyone had to replace the O2 plugs on the upstream O2 sensors because the wire insulation has deteriorated right where it goes into the backside of the plug causing a short? Or a p/n so I can just put some new plugs on both sides.
I posted a picture of the mystery plug along with the missing Insulation on the O2 plugs.
Thanks for any advise.
Attachments
O2 sensor plug
O2 sensor plug
20231109_133806.jpg (1.21 MiB) Viewed 590 times
Mystery plug behind d/s cyl. Head
Mystery plug behind d/s cyl. Head
20231109_140756.jpg (1.72 MiB) Viewed 590 times
Walt (AKA:Capeasy) So. Cal.
2013 Caprice 9C1,Huron white, Blackbear tune, DOD Delete, Texas Speed stage 2 cam with all the goodies, Circle D 258 mm converter, 3200 stall. Spectra CAI, 3.45 Diff, deep trans pan. BlackWidow Venom exhaust,Granatelli oval cutouts, Doug Thorley tri-Y headers, Pedders coilovers,Tower brace, Widend OE. rear wheels to 10" wide with 295 Nitto's
s/c'd cav

Re: Unknown 5 pin flat plug ?

Post by s/c'd cav »

DOD !!!!!!!!
Capeasy

Post by Capeasy »

Wow! Old age or just a Brain Fart :) did the DOD deleted a couple years ago and forgot all about that, Thank you. I was so focused on why the insulation on my Bank 2 O2 sensor was missing after 2 other mechanics missed it until I finally jacked the car up myself before I take it to a 3rd shop that would probably just change out the O2 sensor like the last 2 shops.
Now to figure out a way to get that harness out far enough to be able to solder new leads and a plug on.
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

yeah they are in a bad location , and easy with the motor or trans out :(