Howdy from Austin, TX

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
justinh_tx

Howdy from Austin, TX

Post by justinh_tx »

I've been meaning to make my introductory post for a while, but I've not had a great chance to take pictures of my car yet. I purchased a 2013 Caprice PPV back in June. It seems to have already had the AFM/DOD deleted (or at least deactivated). It idles like a sewing machine and will pass anything on the 130 toll road. Right now it is just my daily and I want to keep it reliable, but there are a list of mods I'd like to do one day (namely TR6060 manual swap and shorter rear gears, heads/cam, exhaust, etc., etc.). The only thing I have had to do so far is a suspension alignment.

My car came from Garland, TX and I was told we have a member who may have driven my car when it was in service.

Anyway, howdy y'all!
Mooseman

Re: Howdy from Austin, TX

Post by Mooseman »

Welcome aboard! Lots of Texas cars coming out lately. Must be the age.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
DapperDanMan

Post by DapperDanMan »

Georgetown TX here! Welcome to the site!
2015 Caprice 6.0
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

I have three cars that came from Garland. We named one after the officer that left a bunch of business cards in it. They were all slick tops.