Knowledge Base discussion & suggestions

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
elc32955
System Manager

Knowledge Base discussion & suggestions

Post by elc32955 »

OK folks, open topic to discuss the new Knowledge Base, topic suggestions, comments, reviews, et al. Have at it!

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Mooseman

Re: Knowledge Base discussion & suggestions

Post by Mooseman »

Another forum I'm a mod on, I created FAQ threads in each section with one main listing of all FAQs. It cuts down on searching and questions. Works pretty good but mostly the mods and regulars use it.

https://gmtnation.com/forums/threads/faq-threads.17034/

The creation was initially a lot of work and is a continuous work in progress. As new and old relevant threads come up, they are added to the FAQ. They are locked to keep them clean.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
elc32955
System Manager

Re: Knowledge Base discussion & suggestions

Post by elc32955 »

Yep, we can talk about that more. Knowledge base articles are intended for things that people do over & over & over again, such as the diff upgrade from 2.92 to 3.27/3.45, installing an upgrade nav radio on a 2014-2017 from an SS, installing an SS or Camaro console, you can see what I'm driving at here. Probably 90% or better of the owners do DOD deletes on their cars... fine, but how DO you actually accomplish this?

We can put videos in the articles as long as they're sourced externally, same thing with pictures & doc scans. When someone submits the first real article, this will be the testbed for how the process will work. Then as more articles come in, if we need to tweak the process or if we find a better way we can modify as necessary.

If there's an easier way to present the information myself and the admins are always down for that better mousetrap to consider. But, I'm a bit constrained by the tools available to me in this forum package - so as with all things you crawl first, then walk, then install wheels & horsepower!! We've used sticky posts at the top of subject areas in the past for commonly-used items, but there's only room for so many sticky posts before the topics start to get unwieldy.

SO... who wants to write up an article for us to get the ball rolling with?

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.