front seat

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
amx1pxp

front seat

Post by amx1pxp »

I'm thinking of swapping out my front driver's seat for a 1999-2004 Lexus GS or LS sedan front seat. Currently own a 2003 GS300 that has probably the most comfortable driver's seat of any car I have owned.

I'm not too concerned about making it fit, and bolting it in (I'll figure out a way to make it work) but am concerned about the electrical side of it. On the plus side, I don't believe the year models I'm considering have airbags, which I hope will make it go easier.

Does anyone have experience with a seat swap that involved a donor vehicle not equipped with seat airbags.

Thanks...

Paul
s/c'd cav

Re: front seat

Post by s/c'd cav »

we have seat air bags , so youll have issues no matter what
DapperDanMan

Re: front seat

Post by DapperDanMan »

The Caprice does have seat airbags, so you'll need a resistor I'm guessing to fool the BCM into thinking that they are still there so your airbag light doesn't come on. Also when the airbag light is on typically all of the airbags are disabled if you do get in a crash.
2015 Caprice 6.0