2014 heater core

Discussion on Air Conditioning/Heat & electronic controls for the same, radiators/fans/engine cooling and related items.
John

2014 heater core

Post by John »

Anyone change a heater core in a 2014? Guessing the dash needs to come out. Maybe cut the side of the hvac box like the 2013? I removed the heater hoses for a different repair now the heater core is leaking where the tube is is crimped at the core. Thanks
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: 2014 heater core

Post by smwalker »

The removal of the glove box in the 11-13's opened up the side of the AC case pretty well. Not the same in the 14+ .

THe SS guys were having a problems with leaking heater cores and having to replace a bunch. They of course left it up to the dealers to complete the warranty repair so no data on easy fixes.

I have an AC box out of the car if you want me to take any pics for you.
Here is some videos on it also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MDVCXUHYzI

Ah actually the Heater core looks to sit pretty low in there?? Maybe just taking off the dash cover could give good access??
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
John

Post by John »

Thanks for the fast response. Looks like I have a new project to work on.
John

Post by John »

Update- I loosened the crimp at the heater core. It’s all aluminum so was pretty easy. Pulled the tube from the core. The o-ring looked ok. Wiped the core and tube clean, installed a new o-ring I had in my tool box. Recrimped with pliers/screwdriver. So far no leaks, idk how long it will last. 🙂🙏🏻
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Yea that seems like such a weak way to hold those pipes in.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White