Troubleshooting a P0202/P0302 error

Tech discussions on the L77 6.0L V8.
dorqus

Re: Troubleshooting a P0202/P0302 error

Post by dorqus »

I don't have tons of free time unfortunately to work on the car - the replacement injector was $20 shipped, if it doesn't work, I'll return it if RockAuto will take it - going to try and do the "screwdriver" method to listen to it before it comes. I'll take the valve cover off if I replace the injector and it doesn't resolve the issue... Trying to not do more than I have to in deference of time.
dorqus

Post by dorqus »

So all's well that ends well.
Got the Bosch injector on Friday, replaced it this morning. No more P0202/P0302 codes and the car is now drivable again!
Took about an hour to an hour and 15 minutes to replace it, not terrible. If I had to do it again it would probably take less time. When I pulled the fuel rail up the upper o-ring got stuck in the fuel rail, so I had to pull it up a bit higher to get a small screwdriver up there to pull out the o-ring. I did put a little bit of oil on the o-rings (upper and lower) when I replaced it to help it go in smoother.

Thanks for all the help!
dorqus

Post by dorqus »

Also this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXAFRrOBuQs
really helped me see exactly what do to and how to remove the fuel injector clips, it's not obvious when looking at them!