Improved Racing VCM KVE-900 Air Intake

If you're looking for a specific Caprice PPV-related part, service, or car post your requests here.
Forum rules
SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
FastKyPPV

Improved Racing VCM KVE-900 Air Intake

Post by FastKyPPV »

Seeing if anybody had one of these to fit on my 2012 Caprice for sell? Took my Roto-fab off (didn’t like how it fit and didn’t like the open element) and put factory back on. Looking to upgrade to one of these intakes. Looking here first before I buy new -
sheistybikey

Re: Improved Racing VCM KVE-900 Air Intake

Post by sheistybikey »

selling the rotofab?
FastKyPPV

Post by FastKyPPV »

I would - I’m going to get one of these intakes I’m looking for in my hands first — you interested ?
BluesBro

Post by BluesBro »

I have a few of the VCM intakes on the cars, my favorite intake, they are very good.

I looked for used before I bought the most recent one, but there is always something missing or broken on the used units.

The price at summit is excellent, I think I paid 700$+ two years ago, they were not available at summit at the time.

They actually have the KVF-900 for the same price which is odd, but if you want all the fill panels to clean up the engine bay the KVF is nice.
2014 Caprice PPV 6.0L - TSP Stage 1 Cam, Solo 3in Mach Cat Back, VCM OTR, Pedders Coilovers, HP Tuned
2002 Avalanche 5.3L - MBRP Exhaust, RC 6in Lift
FastKyPPV

Post by FastKyPPV »

Did you have a problem with drivers side intake fitting flush without trimming some of the plastic ? Passenger side of the intake fits good - did you use the supplied plastic push pins or something else to hold it? Did you trim the hood seal around the intake air intakes or did you not mess with it? Oh yeah I have a 2012 caprice