Multiple Light and Electrical Issues 2012 6.0 9c1

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
HRBergeron

Multiple Light and Electrical Issues 2012 6.0 9c1

Post by HRBergeron »

I'm stumped on this one. Having multiple light issues on a 2012 9c1. When I turn on the vehicle all the lights come on, but the turn signals, high beams, the light selector, electric door lock button, parking brake light, electric trunk release, and front window controls does not work. When I close the driver door, the radio stays on and the door ajar light stays on for approximately 30 minutes. The signals work with the 4 way flasher along with brake lights. I did not touch any wiring between when I know it worked and when it did not. It was a 1 hour period between when it was working and then not working, and in that period i did not touch or was near any electrical harness or item. I have not wired in the repeaters yet. I left the upfitter wires in place, capped and tucked all the wires so they would not arc. The flasher module is disconnected and harness reconnected. The SRS, TPMS, and open door light were on prior to this issue. The open door light would correct itself if you slammed the door, which is why I replaced the door harness. The batteries are 4 months old. I swapped back in the original headlights and taillights and still have the same issue.

Here is what I've done after the issue occurred. I had issues with the driver front door harness and lock mechanism and I replaced both with OEM parts. The original door harness had multiple internally severed wires. The current headlights are the wm aus washer ones and aus led tail lights. Unplugged headlights and tail lights and plugged both of my originals in. Inspected the wire harness behind front license plate and there is no issue. Also appears that my electric trunk release button and park brake light is not working. I disconnect the batteries, let it sit a week disconnected, and still have the issue. The fuses appear fine for the high beams. The ground wire next to the floor fuse box has been cleaned. Flasher module has been disconnected and harness wires connected.

Attached is the link to the video of the issue

https://youtu.be/zghuIlWYcSk
Attachments
20230627_174303.jpg
20230627_174303.jpg (4.19 MiB) Viewed 400 times
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Re: Multiple Light and Electrical Issues 2012 6.0 9c1

Post by Pursuit »

Did you swap to the AUS OEM LED taillights? The factory LED taillight connector is pinned differently than the PPV taillight. So, with that said, could the AUS headlights be pinned differently, also?

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
HRBergeron

Post by HRBergeron »

Pursuit wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2023 1:28 pm Did you swap to the AUS OEM LED taillights? The factory LED taillight connector is pinned differently than the PPV taillight. So, with that said, could the AUS headlights be pinned differently, also?

Maurice
Prior to me doing anything all lights were working. Yes I swapped to the AUS LED taillights and headlights. The AUS were working in this car. I swapped back the originals and have the same issue.
HRBergeron

Post by HRBergeron »

Got a new BCM and it fixed almost all of my problems.