Tuner for shift patterns

Tech discussions on the L77 6.0L V8.
bullitt773

Tuner for shift patterns

Post by bullitt773 »

Hi, I'm new here. I've seen some talk about tuners having the ability to modify (smooth) shifting. If this is true, can anyone recommend one? Would also be nice to disable DOD at the same time. I don't have plans right now of a complete DOD delete kit, but turning the functionality off would be great. Thanks!
bstoner

Re: Tuner for shift patterns

Post by bstoner »

That is pretty simple stuff for a tuner. I personally use Chris Henry (https://www.chenrymotorsports.com/) and like him.
2014 Caprice PPV, 6.0L, BTR Stage 2 Cam, 3.45, 3" exhaust, Rotofab intake, Chris Henry tuned, future LSA....
bullitt773

Post by bullitt773 »

Thanks very much! Unfortunately that looks like a bad link. I'll see if I can find him somewhere else.
bstoner

Post by bstoner »

2014 Caprice PPV, 6.0L, BTR Stage 2 Cam, 3.45, 3" exhaust, Rotofab intake, Chris Henry tuned, future LSA....
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

I will be the one to ask, but why would you want to make it shift smoother? They have a pretty soft shift from the factory unless someone has been playing with transmission tune before you acquired it.
bullitt773

Post by bullitt773 »

I was actually looking for more than just the shift pattern modification. But on this specifically, in reading through this forum I've seen a lot of people with nice improvements on the transmission. Mine is sort of rough. Which may indicate another issue, which I'm looking into.
bstoner

Post by bstoner »

In that case no matter what any tuner will want you to address the mechanical issues before tuning. To fix the rough shifts before tuning. Whether that be a fluid issue, torque converter, or internal transmission issue.
bullitt773

Post by bullitt773 »

You're right. I suspect a torque converter issue. Somtimes when I step on the gas slightly, at lower speeds, I'll hear a very disturbing "squeal" then it goes away. Hard to reproduce.