Holden iQ OEM USB cable interface

Q & A with the Holden Parts guru himself, Paul Sadler. Archive for old topics only, business is now closed.
Forum rules
This business venture is currently on hiatus. No new orders for parts are able to be placed at this time, nor is this site being monitored by the vendor. Forum is locked, discussion topics are left active for reference purposes. Unfortunately we have no idea at this time when the business will again be accepting orders.
elc32955
System Manager

Holden iQ OEM USB cable interface

Post by elc32955 »

CP,

Quick question. Do you have an availability & cost on the factory OEM USB connector & harness and interface that goes back and into the center console for the Holden iQ units? I've been tossing around what to do on adding the USB connector into the iQ when I get ready to do my teardown, and I was curious if maybe just using the factory parts were the way to go because of clearances and what not. Didn't know if was available separately with your connections so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
elc32955
System Manager

Re: Holden iQ OEM USB cable interface

Post by elc32955 »

Answer from CP via EMAIL.
Hi Eric,
I think you’d be mad to use the Holden parts unless there was absolutely no other option. The receptacle is keyed into the shape of the floor of the Series 2 console bin…..so to fit the Holden USB end plug you’d also need the correct console tub which is expensive to ship (if you don’t already have that raised floor console bin???).

Talk to Greg Was from Pace Performance. I shipped over a Series2 console bin for him and he sorted out a GM receptacle (USB end fitting) and his own USB cable to suit the Holden IQ unit.

For info:
Holden use USB receptacle Part Number GM# 13312823
There’s 2 USB cables that Holden use.
#92268102 is 1830mm long and may get used in the Instrument panel/Dash area somewhere on something.
#92268103 is 850mm long and is listed for USB console wiring.
consoletub.jpg
consoletub.jpg (54.42 KiB) Viewed 27308 times
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

The raised platform would account for the depth issue I ran into when mounting something on the floor of the bin.

Description for 92268102 :
CABLE. Mobile Telephone Radio.
CABLE,USB DATA(IP WIRING USB CABLE L= 1830MM).

Description for 92268103
CABLE. Mobile Telephone Radio.
CABLE,USB DATA(F/FLR CONSOLE WIRING USB CABLE L= 850MM)

And Fitment does say 11-13 PPV for both of them. About $30.00 each may be worth a look to see what they look like as I can find no pictures of them. Need to find a GM dealer that accepts returns. Or Maybe Greg at PP has seen them?
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

hmmm... wondering if we got a template made of the hole if something could be engineered with say a Dremel on a conveniently accessible piece of plastic. Have to scope out ergonomically feasible alternative mounting spots.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

I contacted Greg at PP , he is going to order one and see what it looks like. Should know in about a week.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
radrace19

Post by radrace19 »

-Greg
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Silver end looks good for the radio. What does the USB connector look like in the black end? Female or Male?

EDIT: Oh Sorry did not read my email first: greg wrote:

The IQ end of the cable is correct, but the other end uses a mini USB female end, which will not plug into the standard GM console receptacle since it uses the same USB end. You would need to source a short mini usb to mini usb extension cable or figure out another option.

SO that's fine I think GM Cable 19303328 will work with that cable black end to black end. Only thing is the two combined cables will be super long, and in total cost about $50.00. But they will be very good solid connections.

So disregard the text about cutting off the black end in the picture, in this case you would keep it.

Thanks so Much Greg for the pictures and info.

Also I remember the truck guys use a cord that looks like it will work as well, I never bothered with it because it was very short. could be useful here. Bit cheaper as well it is part number 22829189

GM part number 20953897 is also a good candidate by the pics I see on Amazon.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

radrace19 wrote:Image

-Greg
Thats great then just buy the plug mount end for an HMI based vehicle, should fit perfectly!
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
radrace19

Post by radrace19 »

GTPprix wrote: Thats great then just buy the plug mount end for an HMI based vehicle, should fit perfectly!
I tried the C7 plug with the SD card slot and it wasn't recognized by the IQ radio. The USB port wouldn't charge my phone.

Maybe 25908967 would be correct as it only has one USB port.

-Greg
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

radrace19 wrote:
GTPprix wrote: Thats great then just buy the plug mount end for an HMI based vehicle, should fit perfectly!
I tried the C7 plug with the SD card slot and it wasn't recognized by the IQ radio. The USB port wouldn't charge my phone.

Maybe 25908967 would be correct as it only has one USB port.

-Greg
Yeah should be the single unit one, trying to remember application but I've seen it.
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6