G8 seats and console wiring

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
Lsx_Rios

G8 seats and console wiring

Post by Lsx_Rios »

New here. I was searching the forum for wiring schematic or and how to or video will help and outsourcing the the traction control buttons
Attachments
image.png
image.png (1.99 MiB) Viewed 378 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (236.47 KiB) Viewed 378 times
20240310_133124.jpg
20240310_133124.jpg (3.73 MiB) Viewed 378 times
elc32955
System Manager

Re: G8 seats and console wiring

Post by elc32955 »

Hi, are you just looking for a wiring schematic of the two button assembly, or the r&r procedure, or something I've not covered? I do have the hard copy Helm FSM for the 2011's (not an online account), if you can't find it any other way I can see if I can scan a page or two for you - those books are a bit hard to scan so just making sure of what you're after if I need to do this.

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Rickw

Re: G8 seats and console wiring

Post by Rickw »

Have you gotten your shifter bezel yet? If not go to ipf racing and grab it. Get the one with the 9c1 button and no cubby. Once obtained then it’ll be a breeze to keep the factory button and the wiring will be simple. You’ll have to depin the traction/sport button from the caprice shifter and move it to the g8 shifter. Also you’ll still have the spaces available to hook up tutd if you want that as well.