Misfire and issues running

Caprice and GM-related general tech topics. Questions & topics on vehicle tuning, HP Tuners use, etc.....
Grandstaff

Misfire and issues running

Post by Grandstaff »

I am having trouble getting my vehicle to drive again. Its a 2015 caprice with a dod delete, cam, and a tune. It started misfiring one day. Several rocker arms had come loose, so I put some teflon tape around the threads and blue loctite under the head of the bolt and torqued them all down properly. I thought might have been the issue, but no the vehicle was still misfiring with a p0352 code, so I figured I might as well change the coil packs and spark plugs since it was about that time, start it up and still misfiring. I figured the gas maybe, so I drained the tank and put fresh 93 in, but still no. I have checked the compression, and I have done a leak down test which both were good. I am just confused right now and cant think of anything else. Ive swapped injectors, and the issue never followed. The vehicle is getting good fuel pressure. I am not a mechanic by any means, so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. So far the vehicle will start up fine cold, but if I shut it off then try to start it again, it wont fire up.
Mooseman

Re: Misfire and issues running

Post by Mooseman »

Sorry for the late reply. Have you checked that there is an actual spark at the wire? Power and trigger at the coil connector? That code says that there's a problem with the circuit to that coil so that should be your focus.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419