Upgrading Sound System in 11-13 Cars

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
Z09SS

Re: Upgrading Sound System in 11-13 Cars

Post by Z09SS »

I got the nav upgrade with the one I got from Matty Curtis.

It's usable, but outdated and limited to the eastern US, as mentioned.

It's also in metric. I still remember metric from my time in the Army, but YMMV.

Someone on one of the Facebook groups is working to port over newer BMW nav files to ours.

That'd be great.
GTPprix

Post by GTPprix »

They only have Eastern as thats all they managed to copy from us; we have both eastern and western and have since day 1. Also as an aside the pricing to unlock the silverbox is $100 high in the first post and also enables the rear speaker channels on a 2013.
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
ColoCapriceGuy

Post by ColoCapriceGuy »

I have a western US map on mine that was ported from BMW maps. I’d never use it for navigation, but I do use it just to show my cars place on a map as I drive as it looks cool and is better than “Bluetooth streaming”
Hayk

Post by Hayk »

Hey OP! did the v-series speakers end up working out ok for you?

https://nvx.com/products/vsp60-600w-pea ... 3cda&_ss=r
'11 White Caprice 9C3
'14 Silver Caprice 9C1
'11 White Caprice 9C1
'13 Silver Tahoe PPV
deep_zek

Post by deep_zek »

Hey guys. Thanks for this info it's really good. I was thinking about updating my speakers since factory ones are so bad, I have not heard anything like this since 90s, maybe early 2000s.
I got lucky on my 2012 and when I got it unlocked, it turned out I had Bluetooth and rear view camera connector. I also have normal speakers in rear doors. I wonder if it's possible my silver box is similar to that Australian one, was there any that came with that? I wonder if I have connectors for center dash speaker and rear ones, I don't want to take it out again just to check. It's 9C1
Biggers9c3

Post by Biggers9c3 »

-ColoCapriceguy, great info. I was debating on if unlocking my silver box was worth it and you answered every question I had. I plan on upgrading the door speakers and have an external sub and amp just waiting to be wired up. Any idea if instead of installing 8" free air subs I could install 8" normal speakers in the package tray?

Thanks.
-Harley