New here and...also from Delaware.

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
jomama

New here and...also from Delaware.

Post by jomama »

Hello all. About three years ago I was looking for a sedan-based platform to do a RWD V8 build on when I came across the Caprice PPV. In truth, I had no idea the Caprice nameplate had been revived, as I never saw them down where I am originally from (GA). From what I could tell this car checked all the boxes, and it was just my style (high performance wrapped in an unassuming and understated package) which made it even better! So I bought a retired 9C1, completed the build (v1.0), and it sure hasn't disappointed...except for one area; it's sometimes hard to find spare parts. Drivetrain and electronics don't seem to be too hard to find, but anything strictly Holden related like body parts and trim panels/pieces seem to be kind of difficult to source. And as you all likely already know, the traditional sources rarely pan out (e.g., dealers, RockAuto, etc.). So I figured I'd join this community to be around like-minded people, contribute what I can and make a few connections for when I need that one obscure piece/part that I just can't find anywhere else (short of bidding on/buying another PPV and parting out, which just feels...wrong). Happy to be here!
2013PBML77

Re: New here and...also from Delaware.

Post by 2013PBML77 »

Welcome Jomama,

I bought my 2013 Caprice 9C1 at auction site unseen because I couldn't find an unmolested Pontiac G8 GT at a decent price. Since I purchased the car in September 2022, I have been returning it to as new condition, and trying to get most new interior parts has been difficult. Luckily for me I have been able to source a lot of parts from junkyards in Maryland as I'm from Virginia. Also I have been able to purchase a few interior parts from other forum members.

Mark

2013PBML77
Mark

2013 Black Caprice 9C1 L77
2004 Avalanche
1989 Corvette Convertible
Mooseman

Re: New here and...also from Delaware.

Post by Mooseman »

Welcome! Yeah, some parts can be hard to come by but imagine me with the only one in the country! Body parts will have to come from yards. At least most mechanical parts are readily available and common with most other platforms.
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419