2013 Driveshaft u-joint part number?

Drivetrain discussion including Transmission, Differential, Driveshaft, and related items.
JTRUCKJMC

2013 Driveshaft u-joint part number?

Post by JTRUCKJMC »

I was wanting to overhaul my drive shaft while out of the car, found carrier bearing and boot kit for mid shaft. I can not find anywhere a P/N for the u-joint that goes aft of the carrier bearing. GM does not list one, nor AC Delco. No parts houses show one either. Anybody run into this and what did u use. THX for the help.
Lord Vader

Re: 2013 Driveshaft u-joint part number?

Post by Lord Vader »

I don't think the U-joints are replaceable. My friend tried it and had to buy a new driveshaft...
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

The caps are staked in. You might find a driveshaft shop that can do something with it, but it won’t be inexpensive like an old school u-joint.
JTRUCKJMC

Post by JTRUCKJMC »

Mine has cir clips, so I figured it was replaceable. Driveshaft shop is a good idea for their input. Driveshaft assy's are over $700 for GM. THX
Lord Vader

Post by Lord Vader »

Let us know how it goes!
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

I haven’t seen one with removable clips. It may have been modified at some time in the past. A decent part store should be able to get a part number for the joint if you can get the dimensions.
JTRUCKJMC

Post by JTRUCKJMC »

Could be, u never know where these cars have been. I have seen rebuilt shafts with clips advertised. So the mystery contiues... :lol:
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

https://www.actionmachineinc.com/collec ... in-u-joint

Just found this. Will have to do some poking around on the site.
JTRUCKJMC

Post by JTRUCKJMC »

Interesting, just have to figure out the size and type. There are lots of u joints out there. The Spicer and Neapco are my go to, for my 4X4 stuff. I have not removed the ujoint in fear of not having something to put back in as it is not trashed, I just wanna go thru the drive line since it is out and has 108k on it.
Sanford

Post by Sanford »

If have a dial caliper, you should be able to get some dimensions of the joint without removing it. A decent part store should be able to find a joint using your dimensions.