Washer hose pass-thru

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
JoeR

Washer hose pass-thru

Post by JoeR »

I had to remove the wiper cowl to repair some water leaks on my 2014. While I was removing the washer hoses to clean it up the little plastic nipples that pass through the wiper cowl broke. I trued finding them in the online parts list. I can't find them. Anyone have a good part number for them? Have a good substitute? Winter is coming and I'm gonna need working washers.

Joe
s/c'd cav

Re: Washer hose pass-thru

Post by s/c'd cav »

hope you need the wiper arm side , the under cowl piece is NLA , upper are part of the wiper arms , lower is part of the cowl
windshield washers.png
windshield washers.png (308.21 KiB) Viewed 1031 times
windshield washers 2.png
windshield washers 2.png (531.69 KiB) Viewed 1031 times
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Parts availability again, bleh! If it's a lower break, source it from a salvage yard or check inventory down under if you have someone that will play nicely to ship you things.

Good luck
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

elc32955 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 5:12 pm Parts availability again, bleh! If it's a lower break, source it from a salvage yard or check inventory down under if you have someone that will play nicely to ship you things.

Good luck
Eric
the hvac/cowl has been discontinued a while , i had ordered 1 a couple years ago , and 1 piece took me almost a year to get
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

Well that's crummy. Thanks for the replies. I'll see what I can figure out.
Joe
Z09SS

Post by Z09SS »

I made a replacement from some fuel line and bronze barb fittings.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Gotta do a write up on that one for the knowledge base! With pics of course!! :)
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.