Bolt on record?

This section is for all your track and racing topics. Sanctioned events, test n' tune, competitive track & racing at public facilities, off-street drag events, it all goes in here.
Scarce

Bolt on record?

Post by Scarce »

Anyone know the fastest bolt on record by chance? Do we have a top 10 list for these cars ie. Bolt ons, SBE na, anything goes na, boosted etc? If so can anyone direct me to the list please.
elc32955
System Manager

Re: Bolt on record?

Post by elc32955 »

We have a ton of information on what other members have done in individual threads, however we don't have a list developed per se. We are shortly going to be working on activating our knowledge base section up, might be a good post as far as popularity goes & a nice quick reference. Everyone tailors their rides slightly differently, undoubtedly there's no two alike that I could think of on here. We always tell everyone the basics... Intake, Exhaust, Gears, and Tune for the best easy gains. More in-depth stuff also works well like engine mods/upgrades, proportionally dependent on the size of your wallet. There are some really significantly modded rides out there!

I think I answered your question, if not please guide us along what you were after...

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Scarce

Post by Scarce »

I guess I may have worded it poorly but this page seems to have limited racing talk or numbers posted (likely do to the lower amount of these cars in general). The fbody, g8, coyote, 5th/6th gens etc all have top 10s on the forums for various categories and I'm not exactly sure when I am going to throw my cam in so I was curious as to what the bolt on caprice record is currently if its known. It may be a number I'd like to beat or compete with in the mean time. For example just last year the g8 bolt on record was reset to 11.6 @ 117mph.
Scarce

Post by Scarce »

https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing- ... -bump.html

Not the best example but it shows what I'm referring to.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I looked at the LS1 list your provided the link to, we have people that have posted timeslips in a number of different sections but the info is scattered and some is older then others. I have no problem whatsoever with creating space for the list at the top of the Track Talkin' thread as a sticky post, and I'm good with the format that LS1 uses or something similar, since I can't really race my 3.6 stocker I don't really have much to contribute there ;) . Only thing people would have to understand is, unfortunately, our forum doesn't speak for all the Caprice PPV's out there as there is a considerable owner presence on Facebook. But, this might give those folks with mondo horsepower on FB incentive to put their timeslips out there for the world to see, lol!

Would you be interested in coordinating the list if I create the space?

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.