WTB Caprice PPV (Real) Rear Seat

If you're looking for a specific Caprice PPV-related part, service, or car post your requests here.
Forum rules
SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
Jolt56

WTB Caprice PPV (Real) Rear Seat

Post by Jolt56 »

My recent acquisition PPV has the "brilliant" perp rear seat. I'm charmed by the vomit proof surface that at the same time provides seating comfort for passengers with handcuffs behind their back. However my family is not impressed with the new and big family sedan despite such features.

I also see much vehemence in the for-sale side of this need. Folks shouting about prices between $10 and $650 doesn't establish confidence in the going rate.

I'm deep in the Rocky Mountains of SW Colorado so will need shipping.

Thoughts?
elc32955
System Manager

Re: WTB Caprice PPV (Real) Rear Seat

Post by elc32955 »

If it was me I'd look into the 2008-2009 Pontiac G8 rear seat, probably the GT seat in leather. This gives you a center fold-down section along with cupholders which the PPV seat does not. The back also installs in 3 separate sections for an easier install. The OEM Caprice rear seat sets do not provide the pass through. You will need to make sure to get the hardware & seat striker plate/bracket from the donor G8. The seat set itself is 100% plug & play with just that added bit of hardware required. I did this mod on both my 2011 & 2015 Caprices and was happy with it.

You could also install the leather rear seat set from a 2014-2017 SS Sedan, however they are a bit more expensive. The G8 seat is more cost-effective. But by all means if you want to match the upholstery keep looking at Caprice seats. Prices as you are finding out widely do vary depending on where you get the seat from. I have my 2015 cloth rear seat in storage, however it would not match your existing seats plus shipping would be cost-prohibitive. Already sold off my OEM 2011 rear seat to another forum member. Car-Part.com is good for research & to establish local sources, I ran a brief search on there and found hits on G8 rear seat sets in both Colorado and Arizona.

Good luck!
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Jolt56

Post by Jolt56 »

Thanks Eric! I was able to contact one of the salvage yards that came up in the link you provided and arrange to pick up a G8 seat with hardware for a decent price. Now I have to figure out what to do with that molded plastic perp seat. Maybe an upgrade to the outhouse? Hand me the Sawzall!
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Definitely a rumble seat in place of the deck lid!! :D :D

Good deal on the purchase. There's plenty of discussion on making the mod on here so if you run into any problems you should be able to resolve them. If memory serves there's a trim piece that goes with the striker assembly, make sure that comes with it. Here's the thread with pics if you need to refer to it...

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=434

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.