Video Connector...

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
Tom Slick

Re: Video Connector...

Post by Tom Slick »

bkwagonss wrote:Wow Tom, that's pretty cool.
You make it look easy.

I'd be interested in one of those connectors if your up for making a few of them.
Just let me know what you want for one.

So the audio part would be another connector?
I can build one for you, or send you the connector parts so you can build it...

The audio goes through the X3 connector...

Check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=70&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Later!
Tom Slick
1932 Glassic Ford Model A Roadster Replica - Ford 302/C4, approx. 1400lb... :-)
2015 GMC Sierra SLE Extended Cab - 5.3L
Tom Slick

Post by Tom Slick »

Been meaning to post this... My Ebay rear view camera seems to have died... the LED license plate light still works, but I get no image from the camera... Going to check the wiring this weekend (if I have time), but I'm pretty sure it's not the problem...

Was raining, I put the car in reverse, image came up for a second then went off... just the black screen with the IQ's reverse overlay...

I also need to get the wiring finished for the RSE Audio, but I'm hoping to get the Shelby fired up... plus, I have the Modded mufflers to test...

Later,
Tom Slick
Tom Slick

Post by Tom Slick »

While pulling out my old radio, I found that the RCA Cable for the camera wasn't plugged in... camera still works just fine!

Later,
Tom Slick
shterk

Post by shterk »

Hi all and greetings from Melbourne Australia!
I happened to find your forum by sheer luck and I must say that I am glad that you guys have been discussing and planning modifications regarding the IQ unit as I too have been involved in the sort via our Aussie forums.
The fact that you've been able to obtain the components for the video plug Tom has been a great win as I have fallen short of accomplishing such feat myself after trying to source them direct from SMK!
Just a bit of background from myself, I currently own a VE Calais V which is the shorter wheel base version of the Caprice which you have over there in the States which comes equipped with the IQ headunit.
Unfortunately, my vehicle lacked the rear roof DVD components due to apparent cost cutting measures which I found painful as I really wanted to have that setup.
I set upon a challenge to install the rear roof DVD and associated components myself which, thankfully, after a lot of research and personal development I was able to accomplish!
I was fortunate enough to have the video connector already due to the factory installation of the rear view camera.
I now wish to experiment further with the IQ unit however I am in need of the video connector components in order to do this!
Is this something you guys are able to assist with?
Also, if there is anything you require some guidance on feel free to ask, I'm more than happy to help where I can :)

Cheers,
Vas
Tom Slick

Post by Tom Slick »

Vas,

Welcome to the forum! What components do you need for the video connector? I have a limited amount of them...

Later,
Tom Slick
shterk

Post by shterk »

Thanks Tom!
I basically require the connector components and pins in order to make up my own plug, essentially what you posted in one of your other threads: Video connector kit - video connector components and 24 contactors.
Hope you can help!

Cheers,
Vas
Tom Slick

Post by Tom Slick »

Vas,

Check out this thread... viewtopic.php?f=4&t=353" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Later,
Tom Slick
shterk

Post by shterk »

Thanks Tom.
K9Vic

Post by K9Vic »

Received my video connector kit from Tom and over the weekend I build the cable and now I have a backup camera. The connector is kind of a PITA to make and if you are not handy with small pins and crimping, I would just buy the complete one Tom can make. I messed up a few pins, so glad it only needs four.

I got the camera from eBay for a Buick Park Avenue for under $20 shipped and perfect fit. It replaced one of the license plate lights and you just tap into the existing wiring for the light.

Nice to have the backup camera, but only issue is that it is not centered as the Caprice has two plate lights one the sides. Also has a built in scale, so it conflicts with the on in the IQ, but not a big deal.
Attachments
531cda82.jpg
531cda82.jpg (150.15 KiB) Viewed 10449 times
The Tech

Post by The Tech »

Yes, please don't back over the brown bottle - don't want to waste that. :lol:

Great work installing the camera.
2011 Alto Gray Caprice PPV 9C3, Kooks Long Tube Headers, Kooks Drag Cats and Crossover, Solo Axle Back System.
1996 DGGM Impala SS
1995 Caprice 9C1 red over white
2015 Bright Yellow Jeep Wrangler, the better half's car.
Member of Carolina Holdens