Hello from Poland!

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Dudzikzzz

Hello from Poland!

Post by Dudzikzzz »

I have Caprice ppv 2014 , 6.0 great car!
Attachments
IMG_20230131_175331426.jpg
IMG_20230131_175331426.jpg (2.69 MiB) Viewed 618 times
Mooseman

Re: Hello from Poland!

Post by Mooseman »

Poland? That's rare. Was it imported from the US?
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
Dudzikzzz

Post by Dudzikzzz »

Yes, import from the USA. I know that there are at least three pieces of caprice ppv in Poland.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Hi!

There's always a few of each model it seems that trickle out of the US and end up in all corners of the world. Glad you were able to obtain one of these cars for your own, and we're happy to have you here!

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Boingo

Post by Boingo »

Welcome in. Poland is a bad arse country. Huge respect from America
2011 Chevy Caprice
26k mile purchase
2nd owner
the voices say I am special :D
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

Welcome! One of my best buddies is from Poznan. He left there around 1985. We became friends working next to each other as auto mechanics in 1986. He struggled to speak in English for a while, but he got better quickly. We are still friends today, and have had a million laughs together over the years.

Joe
Dudzikzzz

Post by Dudzikzzz »

I see that there are people who do not like Polish. Despite everything, I greet everyone! Tomorrow your president will be in Poland hehe
JoeR

Post by JoeR »

Dudzikzzz wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2023 3:27 am I see that there are people who do not like Polish. Despite everything, I greet everyone! Tomorrow your president will be in Poland hehe
I bet you are responding to Boingo's comment. It it American slang, and it means the opposite of what it says. So when he says "Bad Arse", he is politely saying "bad-ass", or "badass". It is a compliment, and roughly translated it means you guys are tough (as history has shown).

Joe
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Dudzikzzz, I'll second JoeR's response to you. The comment that was made was complementary, not offensive. This forum is primarily composed of English-speaking folks in the United States, and as such frequently "slang" terminology is used in forum messages - sometimes completely inadvertently. Please be assured that the forum management will not allow blatantly offensive discriminatory remarks by members to stand and when found these will be dealt with. Please don't be quick to take offense as English slang terms can easily be misinterpreted (case in point!).

Thanks JoeR for the quick catch.

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Dudzikzzz

Post by Dudzikzzz »

I understand now. Heheh ,