2012 9C3 silver detective car

Post your new and used Caprice PPV's for sale here. Please note the guidelines for this moderated forum prior to posting.
Forum rules
Listings acceptable to post in this section are Caprice PPV's for sale by individuals, government entities (I.E. direct sale/auction/sealed bids), and the occasional car for sale on dealer lots (trade-in's for example) that do not normally sell Caprices. EBAY/Craigslist/auction site ads are OK for the above as well. Please do not post third party ads for cars on behalf of dealers that routinely sell used PPV's as part of their primary business. Listings by members with under five forum posts may be removed without notice, please check with a moderator if you have questions. SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
3rd Coast BTH

2012 9C3 silver detective car

Post by 3rd Coast BTH »

I'm putting my 2012 9C3 PPV up for sale. I have no idea what to ask in price, so I'll entertain offers. This car was a Captain's car in the agency where I still work. I have clear Texas title in my name. The good: Its a very good, unadulterated car. No hard pursuit miles or patrol usage. No extended hours of sitting idling at accident scenes. My daughter has been driving this car for a year and a half. All A/C components were replaced last year with factory parts. ($1,200 worth) No known operational issues. New brakes installed 8 months ago. Car has factory carpet. The only hole is in the center of the trunk where the PD radio antenna was. No stickers were ever on this car.

The bad: The headliner is sagging on drivers side. Stabilitrack fault warning on dash. Brake (fault) warning on dash, but brakes work great! Tire Pressure Fault warning on dash. ABS Fault warning on dash. The car runs, drives, and stops great, or my daughter wouldn't be driving it. One small tear in the side of rear headrest. 160,000 miles on odometer.

Not only is this a rare Caprice, its an even rarer 9C3 unadulterated detective car.

9C31.jpg
9C31.jpg (42.16 KiB) Viewed 3267 times
9c33.jpg
9c33.jpg (43.7 KiB) Viewed 3267 times
9C3a.jpg
9C3a.jpg (44.82 KiB) Viewed 3267 times
9C3b.jpg
9C3b.jpg (35.91 KiB) Viewed 3267 times
9C3c.jpg
9C3c.jpg (21.63 KiB) Viewed 3267 times
9C3e.jpg
9C3e.jpg (28.71 KiB) Viewed 3267 times
3rd Coast BTH

Re: 2012 9C3 silver detective car

Post by 3rd Coast BTH »

Oh, I forgot to add, yes it's a 6.0 V-8
MN6WS6

Post by MN6WS6 »

Judging by your previous post about building the old patrol car into a race car, am I correct in assuming you are near Houston? Do you have any ballpark of offers you will entertain? Location and at least some semblance of what you are looking for will make a world of difference. Also guessing this car still has AFM active which at that mileage is quite surprising considering how many people complain about the failure rate.
3rd Coast BTH

Post by 3rd Coast BTH »

Yes, I live south of Houston in Santa Fe, Texas and work in Galveston. Yes, this car still has AFM and is bone stock right down to the plastic wheel covers which I rattle can painted graphite gray. (they need touch up) As for price, I'm entertaining offers. I saw several sold on the Iron planet website recently with 150,000 miles that sold for 6 grand, and they were pretty beat up patrol cars with no back seats and police sticker lettering on them.

I just spent 8 grand on engine parts for the race car, and anything I get from the sale of this one will go towards that. I really don't know what it's worth, so that's why I posted it here. Someone will get a good deal on it.

Here's what's happening with the race car:
Race car 1.jpg
Race car 1.jpg (40.65 KiB) Viewed 3180 times
race car 2.jpg
race car 2.jpg (65.13 KiB) Viewed 3180 times
3rd Coast BTH

Post by 3rd Coast BTH »

The race car is part of "Beat the Heat" Intl, a 501-c-3 non profit that teaches kids the dangers of street racing, texting and driving, distracted driving and such. We take the cars to schools and events and yes we even take them to the track. I plan on updating the race car thread very soon as engine work is under way.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

I know it's part of the image, but remove that cow-catcher from the front of the race car and you "might" gain a few tenths of a second. I'd think that it disrupts the even air flow over the nose and creates resistance... if you're really trying for times of course, lol! Of course you could compensate with a little nitrous shot... heh.... Now THAT would get someone's attention!

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
3rd Coast BTH

Post by 3rd Coast BTH »

Yes sir, the cow catcher is coming off. The prisoner cage is being removed also. It has been quite a conversation piece with the dummy in the back seat. But yes, the Hurricane is going on a strict diet. I'm also considering a small shot of Nitrous.
race car dummy.jpg
race car dummy.jpg (101.86 KiB) Viewed 3169 times
race car dummy 2.jpg
race car dummy 2.jpg (83.27 KiB) Viewed 3169 times
The trunk lid is a tribute to the murdered victims of the Santa Fe, Texas school shooting. My daughter was a student there at that time.
race car trunk.jpg
race car trunk.jpg (86.67 KiB) Viewed 3169 times
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

3rd coast may want to include an email for folks to contact you who are not registered on the site here.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
3rd Coast BTH

Post by 3rd Coast BTH »

Great idea! Thanks for the input. I'll also add it to the profile, but Bert811@Gmail.com is my personal email.
Old5o

Post by Old5o »

Can you send me some more detailed pics please? wilson_27409@msn.com