Anyone else use the Camaro console?

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
MJHughesGT

Re: Anyone else use the Camaro console?

Post by MJHughesGT »

Ilikemtb999 what did you end up needing to connect the shifter to the transmission? Was it 92234744? https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/oem-parts ... OC1nYXM%3D

Also is that just a rod with a clevis of some sort at the one end, or is it an actual cable? A pic would be fantastic if you have one.
Ilikemtb999

Post by Ilikemtb999 »

I used part # 92259754. It’s an ss sedan shift rod. It’ll bolt up to the trans and the shifter once you remove the shift cable from the trans. I’ve since went to an ss sedan shifter and console.
rodstrong0

Post by rodstrong0 »

i did ,shifter bolts right in .used the 9c1 shift rod had to adjust it ,needed to rewire the shifter locks for the key and brake pedal
AceVL

Post by AceVL »

rodstrong0 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:51 pm i did ,shifter bolts right in .used the 9c1 shift rod had to adjust it ,needed to rewire the shifter locks for the key and brake pedal
So do you have any instructions on how to install this? I got my camaro console today and tried to install it, but it seemed not everything was going to bolt up, or maybe I was missing something.

Any advice you can give would be great
South Cackalacky

2014 Caprice PPV
2005 Pontiac GTO
1998 Lexus SC400
Skyhighsami

Post by Skyhighsami »

If the auto console goes right in then the manual console would look incredibly stock for a M6 swapped Caprice as long as the shifter comes through the same spot. I wonder what it looks like from the back seat.
AceVL

Post by AceVL »

So I finally got my Camaro console installed, and let me say, it’s not plug and play, or really simple to install by any means.

You also have to delete the Parking Brake functionality.
I am working on a way to get it figured out, but there just doesn’t seem to be enough space.

If you can get your Camaro console cheap enough, then it’s a good alternative. I just had to do a lot of cutting and some drilling in order to get it to fit how it should.

Note this on a 2014 PPV
Attachments
Camaro Console Installed
Camaro Console Installed
B43246BF-83E9-4E9D-A98A-B9F0094D2E89.jpeg (4.25 MiB) Viewed 6412 times
South Cackalacky

2014 Caprice PPV
2005 Pontiac GTO
1998 Lexus SC400
JUNKYARD_JACK

Post by JUNKYARD_JACK »

AceVL wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:19 am So I finally got my Camaro console installed, and let me say, it’s not plug and play, or really simple to install by any means.

You also have to delete the Parking Brake functionality.
I am working on a way to get it figured out, but there just doesn’t seem to be enough space.

If you can get your Camaro console cheap enough, then it’s a good alternative. I just had to do a lot of cutting and some drilling in order to get it to fit how it should.

Note this on a 2014 PPV
I think this console looks really great. Does anyone have any information on how to fit one to a 2014 caprice?
JUNKYARD_JACK

Post by JUNKYARD_JACK »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/254616382095?_ ... %3A2047675

I wonder if this can be made to work in a halfway decent looking way.

EDIT:

After Watching this it looks like those consoles will not fit our cars simply. For that price though I might have to see about making it work.

https://youtu.be/6uHVOw0fjz0
JUNKYARD_JACK

Post by JUNKYARD_JACK »

https://ipfracing.com/products/camaro-console-swap

Wanted to post this in case anyone was looking to install a Camaro center console
Ctuck21

Post by Ctuck21 »

Any updated info on mounting for the console part and how hard it is to do? Looking at the link for console swap parts available from IPF. it seems like it would be very simple if wanting to leave it column shift. I would want to retain the footwell brake also which seems like it makes it that much easier. Other than cutting the console where it needs to be cut (in front of the switches) for it to mate up to the dash what am I missing? Seems too easy. If it’s not I’ll get a console ordered up asap and the parts from IPF.
2014 Caprice
2006 Silverado 2500HD LBZ
1965 Ford Falcon