Big Single TURBO build ...LOADING

Tell us about your new PPV, show us some pictures, let us know how you did what you did!
Forum rules
One thread per car per member in this section. No thread hijacking in this section please, if it's strictly a tech discussion please move it to the appropriate sub-forum - moderators can assist if needed or requested.
s/c'd cav

Re: Big Single TURBO build ...LOADING

Post by s/c'd cav »

you should get one of these , helps keep the pick up tube square on the pump

http://www.improvedracing.com/oil-pumps ... p-642.html
Tansman

Post by Tansman »

s/c'd cav wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:49 am you should get one of these , helps keep the pick up tube square on the pump

http://www.improvedracing.com/oil-pumps ... p-642.html
So I did actually order one! But I ordered the one on amazon for $10. And I ordered it after I put the engine in. So next time I change the oil I might pulp the pan and add it

https://youtu.be/61I2bstrwj0

So I got the engine in and running! And 1000cc snake eater injectors are in and I'm working on getting the tune right with the new injectors. At 6700rpm theyre at 30% duty cycle!
2012 Chevy Caprice- VSR80 turbo, BTR stage 2, 3.45s, camaro wheels, meth injection (racecar/ weekend car)
2007 Honda Civic SI- Sedan- intake, exhaust, Skunk2 short shifter, shift bushings (wife's daily)
2005 Chevy tahoe- Cold air intake, everything else stock! (The family car)
2000 Honda civic Hatchback- lowered, rota slip wheels. (My daily)
Tansman

Post by Tansman »

So I am also working on getting a Drag setup on the car! I have a deal lined up to trade my rear brembos for a pair of V6 g8 caliper brackets plus $100. I plan on going with the 15in black jegs ssr star wheels. I was back and forth about going 17s and keeping the brembos or going 15s. But im thinking 15s are the way to go. So i'll use that $100 I get to order 1 wheel, and then next check I'm I'll order a second! I have a friend that said he has some old 15in slicks he'll give me. 15s are in the VERY near future!
2012 Chevy Caprice- VSR80 turbo, BTR stage 2, 3.45s, camaro wheels, meth injection (racecar/ weekend car)
2007 Honda Civic SI- Sedan- intake, exhaust, Skunk2 short shifter, shift bushings (wife's daily)
Tansman

Post by Tansman »

Got some snake eater injectors! Now I'm not running %120 duty cycle anymore!

https://youtu.be/9uX04BK5deo
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Thanks for sharing. We got a Boomba Racing check valve inline in the valve cover line in an effort to stop the oil flow on our LS1 Firebird, and while it worked, it ended up pressurizing the crank case to the point we blew the oil cap off the valve cover (I was running some GM Performance valve covers that used the cheap push-in cap). There are others out there, but you then start running the risk of pushing oil out the valve cover gaskets.

We've since gone with a rather elaborate setup to keep the oil under control. Not sure the setup we have would even FIT under the hood of your car!! :lol:
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Tansman

Post by Tansman »

CrashTestDummy wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:25 pm Not sure the setup we have would even FIT under the hood of your car!! :lol:
I'm actually gonna just vent it to atmosphere. I have the new catch can mounted and 1 line ran. I jist need another fitting to finish it. Ots just gonna be 1 AN10 line from each valve cover
Tansman

Post by Tansman »

Here's a picture! I'll post the video for it tonight probably
Attachments
Capture+_2019-10-15-13-20-14.png
Capture+_2019-10-15-13-20-14.png (1.53 MiB) Viewed 21050 times
Tansman

Post by Tansman »

I'm also looking for tips on how to make this engine bay look a little cleaner! I've kinda got hoses going everywhere now.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

And here's our setup on the Firebird (Sorry, no Caprice content here, just catch can tech):

Driver's side:

Passenger's side:

The Moroso air filter on the driver's side sits on top of one catch can. That can has two -10 hoses routed to it from the valve covers. Both the length and size are said to be important. Also, if possible, getting the end closest to the the valve covers as vertical as long as possible helps, too. The cap on the back side of the radiator support is for our remote power steering reservoir.

The passenger's side plumbing is -6 and -8 hoses from the PCV port on the passenger's side valve cover and the PCV port on the lifter gallery cover. The cover is an updated LS6 cover with the improved baffeling. There's a -6 hose running to the driver's side can to provide a bit of negative pressure to it to keep the air moving into the can, and not back into the engine.

Before this latest update, we''d blow oil into the small can on the pass. side, which would coat the entire engine compartment in oil! With the current setup, we now get just a few drops of oily condensate out of the pass. side can after events with high-RPM running. It wasn't cheap, but it fixed the problem, so was worth it.
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
Black6

Post by Black6 »

Tansman wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:22 pm So I am also working on getting a Drag setup on the car! I have a deal lined up to trade my rear brembos for a pair of V6 g8 caliper brackets plus $100. I plan on going with the 15in black jegs ssr star wheels. I was back and forth about going 17s and keeping the brembos or going 15s. But im thinking 15s are the way to go. So i'll use that $100 I get to order 1 wheel, and then next check I'm I'll order a second! I have a friend that said he has some old 15in slicks he'll give me. 15s are in the VERY near future!
Don’t know if you figured it out yet or not, but 15s will require BMR lower control arms in the rear.
Black 2014 V8

Be jealous of my factory carpet.