Lake Norman Area NC

Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
Forum rules
Welcome new members, please make your first post in this section. Say hello & tell us a little bit about you and your car. We're happy to see you here!
GeorgeBush

Lake Norman Area NC

Post by GeorgeBush »

I have had my silver Caprice (2015) for awhile but new to the forum.

Hopefully will find out more about this car in the future thanks to this place; I haven't seen one quite like mine!

It has the 6.0 and it's a detective model, no spotlight, column shift. Is that unusual in silver?

Black wheels with silver center caps. I was the first owner ever; I took a certificate of origin to the DMV when I registered it. Very cool!

I was told it was a technology demonstrator car and spent most of its life in a "GM Headquarters Lobby." It had 1300 miles!

Being an extremely skeptical person I'm only passing along that tale for your own enjoyment; it didn't affect my decision to buy it. Fun if true I suppose!

Hope to enjoy this place and learn something.

-GB
camrat68

Re: Lake Norman Area NC

Post by camrat68 »

Wow!

Very cool if true. Post some pics when you get the chance. :D

Jim
Jim Chesnutt
1968 Camaro -my first car.
1995 Black/White 9C1 Caprice
2012 Alto Gray Metallic 9C1 Caprice--The HoDag-Solo axle back exhaust, improved racing OTR CAI intake.
2013 Black/White 9C1--NADACOP-DOD Delete with BTR Stage II cam, Kooks Headers, Solo Hi-flow Cats and Header Back Mach Balanced kit, WestBendDyno tuned.
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

Great find, with such low miles and no abuse. Even though the 9C3 "Detective" option stopped in 2013, these cars still could have been ordered with carpeting, full wheel caps, no spot lights, and other options. GM, for some of their "Press Media Fleet", used silver cars with blue graphics. Can you see any vinyl residue? Hopefully you found a great car! Plenty of information here.

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

Hello and Welcome. I also own a silver 9C3 PPV. It is a 2013 that I purchased in January 2019 and I have done quite a bit of work on it. It sounds like you found a very special car....enjoy.
I'm located in Raleigh, NC.
Attachments
PPV at Cars & Coffee.jpg
PPV at Cars & Coffee.jpg (2.54 MiB) Viewed 15657 times
Vanguard
2013, Silver 9C3, DoD Delete, LS3 cam, Rotofab intake, Solo Exhaust, NGK, Eibach, Konig
GeorgeBush

Post by GeorgeBush »

Might be a good topic for another section if you could suggest one... but does that make this car particularly rare or valuable?

Or is it just a cool story? Can you tell me more about these "Press Media Fleet" cars?

Thanks again,
GB
Vanguard

Post by Vanguard »

GB,
I'm a nuts and bolts guy. I don't know much about the statistics and official history of th PPV. Hopefully someone who knows will answer your questions.
Vanguard
2013, Silver 9C3, DoD Delete, LS3 cam, Rotofab intake, Solo Exhaust, NGK, Eibach, Konig
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Post by Pursuit »

As far as being "factual" my comments are from my observations since 2011.
When I first started looking at the Caprice PPV there were a few cars that I test drove. A few still had the red Holden screen at start up and would show that there was a backup camera, even there was no camera installed. They all seemed to have 5,000 miles or so on them and half of the tread left on the tires. I would assume these were early demonstrators with the Australian engineering still intact. The popular colors that I saw were black, dark blue, grey and white
In GM's sales brochures and online releases, silver was a popular color with the blue graphics. They did have black and white also, but silver probably was more attractive for marketing or photography. I do not have any GM resource to validate the above. I have reached out to the Chevrolet Fleet team several times, but with no success.
When I bought my 2011 9C3 it was sitting on a dealer's lot with 41 miles. There were a lot on Autotrader around the country with the same miles. This particular dealership gave me the same line that the car was available to "law enforcement" only. After I suggested that if it was "used" they could sell it to me. A week later they sold it me after selling it to a local sheriffs department and buying it back in six days.
There was a dealership called Criswell that managed to sell a few Caprices to the public. They added a few items, aftermarket rims etc. The did get their hand slapped by GM though.
On the forum we have documented the monthly sales figures for the Caprice. 2011 saw 880 cars imported. There doesn't seem to be a breakout of 9C1 vs 9C3. Colors were also discontinued through the years. The 9C3 designation wasn't available starting in 2014 with the WN caprice

Regards,
Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
GeorgeBush

Post by GeorgeBush »

Is there a part of the forum where appraisals are made? If not I was wondering if this car is worth more or less than $20k?

Thanks for the info so far; I like the history lesson! Very cool cars-

GB