System updates

This forum is for administrator/moderator updates on system status, updates, enhancements, etc.
HoldenPPV

Re: BULLETIN - SYSTEM UPDATES PENDING

Post by HoldenPPV »

Search function... ditto

No big deal but the ‘Auto Login Each Visit’ feature does not work.
2012 9C1 (L77)

2008 Suzuki B-King - 2nd gen 1340cc Hayabusa engine - Scorpion exhaust
* (Bequeathed to me by Chris Hibbard 11/11/1958-01/08/2011 — The HibbsCycle) *

#ABG (Always Be Gamblin’) http://www.Gambler500.com" an impractical vehicle-off road-navigational challenge...
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Oversized Image uploading is always an issue. Any way to auto-resize during/after the upload?

And even when images are within the required size specs, they do not scale according to screen size and also drag the text. I run my browser at about 170% magnification. I have to sometimes de-magnify to be able to see the whole thing. This is what I see.

As for search, all forum software are terrible. I just use Google with the tag "site:newcaprice.com". I wouldn't invest too much time or money on it.
Attachments
Screen1.jpg
Screen1.jpg (124.44 KiB) Viewed 15818 times
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

I'll add that to the list of things to address when our 3.2 is running stable for a few weeks. There's a ton of mods for this revision of PHPbb, I haven't had a chance to look at 20% of them as of yet. Has to be one already written that all we have to do is plug it in and tell it "INSTALL".

Good call for the list however.

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
elc32955
System Manager

ATTENTION - System downtime pending for upgrade

Post by elc32955 »

Hi folks,

This is notification that the New Caprice forum system will be down for a significant system update beginning at 9 AM on Friday, December 7. We can expect the forum system to be fully down for a majority of the day, during this time you may or may not receive a response if you should try to access the system. We are updating the forum software to the current operating revision of PHPbb - this is the 1st major revision to the operating software since the forum system was brought on-line in mid-2013. The basic front end of the system will continue to operate, you just will not be able to access the forums during this time.

As a consequence of this upgrade, the forum will look slightly different when it's brought back on-line. It "should" operate the same as the old forum. All user ID's, passwords, old messages, pictures, and uploaded files will still be there and will work as before. However, there is always the possibility that there will be new quirks or bugs in the updated forum software. If you see anything that's obviously broken or that does not work correctly, please put a message in the "SYSTEM TROUBLE REPORTS" thread. If I can't address or fix it, I'll flag it to our system developer for information/action as appropriate.

We'll be back shortly with a newly upgraded & refreshed forum system. Stay tuned!

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

System is back up for testing. We had a few wrinkles during the upgrade process, but nothing that couldn't be handled with a few kicks to the front of the server :)

Anyway, the system looks a bit different and just use will have to figure out if we have any bugs.

Thanks
Eric
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

SWEET !! nice look !
elc32955
System Manager

SYSTEM UPDATE COMPLETED

Post by elc32955 »

Hi folks,

The updates were successfully applied today by our contract developer. So, we're back running more or less as normal. Please note any system problems in the thread provided for us to look at. The look and feel is a bit different, so try out some of the features, get used to the new configuration, let a mod or myself know if you have questions or concerns.

Thanks
Eric
Mooseman

Re: SYSTEM UPDATE COMPLETED

Post by Mooseman »

Very nice! I like the new look. Image scaling is working great! No more having to scroll sideways!

Mark all read is also great in the Unread posts. Will make looking for new posts easier. I was also able to get rid of 2 unread PM notifications by using the mark all read there too.

So far, liking the new digs 8-)
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

I just got forced to re-login after clicking on a topic notification email. This behaviour is random, same as before. It was fine for the first 3 or 4 but I was forced to login on the last one.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Moose take a look at this tab on your profile:

"Manage remember me login keys"

I had about 50 of them in there. Clear them out and see if it helps any, We never had access to that before so maybe they just piled up and we were reaching our maximum not letting any more in there??

Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White