Horn Question 2013

Electronic systems, stereo and Holden iQ, wiring, it all goes here....
bluethunder

Horn Question 2013

Post by bluethunder »

My horn does not work on my recently purchased 2013. Is the horn on active police cars hook up to run the siren ?
Thanks
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Horn Question 2013

Post by smwalker »

There is a place where they can interrupt the horn circuit to control a siren. Behind the glove box at the firewall is a harness with a wire coming out of it with two connectors on them. If they are connected make sure they are connected with the same color wire. If disconnected hook them up that usually fixes the horn. 11-13's it is a brown and black wire 14+ Green with a white stripe.

So here is an example were they have connected in some black wires into the circuit. You would remove those and plug the Brown/Black halves back together.

Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
bluethunder

Post by bluethunder »

Thanks Steve.......will check this out.
bluethunder

Post by bluethunder »

Great tip found the wire with a few things hanging off it that shouldn't have been there. Reconnected and boom...........a nice horn sound. Thanks for the info. Now I just need to get my overhead red and clear police lite to work. Checked it today and no power going to it. ??
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Now I just need to get my overhead red and clear police lite to work. Checked it today and no power going to it. ??
Where you check it at the bulb contacts or the connector? You have an orange wire at the connector?

I believe the orange wire is circuit 1732 and that goes right to the BCM so if you leave the light on when you turn off the car and shut the door it will turn off the light after 10 minutes. No fuse for that so if you do not have power at the wire then we gt a BCM problem.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
CapriceBTR1

Post by CapriceBTR1 »

You're post on how to fix the horn in my Caprice made my day when I came across it! I traced the brown and black wire like you said then connected them. Horn works!! Thank you so much.
gittyupcaprice

Post by gittyupcaprice »

Wouldn't you know it! That's was too easy. Thank you guys, I feel lucky to have such an amazing group to help. I did find my green and white wires, they were each connected into some other green and yellowish thin wires. I just separated the connectors and plugged them to their matching color and bammm.. just like that the horn works.

Thanks a million

2017 Caprice PPV
deep_zek

Post by deep_zek »

Hello all. I'm new here just got a 2012 Caprice. Horn does not work and I checked under the glove box but could not see the cable mentioned here. How buried is that cable? Should I be able to see just looking under or should I take some parts out and remove glove box to get to it?
Also my interior driver side fuse box cover is missing and I can't tell which fuse is for what. If someone could post a picture of it, I would greatly appreciate.
Thanks
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Hey Deep,

The harness with the horn wore bypass in it runs right along the bottom of the HVAC case. I bet a 13 with the knee airbag it is hidden a but more than on the 11's that some of use are used to. So yea maybe glove compartment removal would be best. There are 3 hidden screws under a mat in teh glove compartment that hold the knoee airbag in, look for those.

Here is the Fuse layout for the Instrument panel fuse box:
View: https://www.chiltonlibrary.com/content/ ... 609169.pdf

Fuse Listing: WM Insturment Panel Fuse List
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
deep_zek

Post by deep_zek »

Thanks a lot for your reply and PDF files, I really appreciate. I will take glove box out on weekends and see if I can find it.