Oil catch can/location of crankcase vent tube

Discussion on fuel delivery & intake/exhaust tech & mods.
Fudgehog

Oil catch can/location of crankcase vent tube

Post by Fudgehog »

I bought the radium auto oil catch can and had a hell of a time installing (more like getting frustrated and hooking up all the stock stuff again).

In the location on the passenger side of the intake we have one plastic fitting for an EVAP line. On every G8 and SS install video on God's green earth they have a metal and a plastic fitting for the two hoses to connect to the catch can.

I could be retarded, which is likely, but their instructions are terrible and I'd like to know which other hose I need to use.

I know it won't be either hose that goes to the EVAP canister, there's a fitting on the driver side of the intake, the IAT line for the Maf/intake itself, and a line or two off the rear. Do you have any guidance for me?
13 Caprice 6.0L, Solo catback exhaust, 3.27 diff, VCM OTR and Volant throttle spacer, MSD coils plugs wires, transmission pan upgrade and widemouth filter. Camaro 18" rims.

Active Duty USAF
lastcall190

Re: Oil catch can/location of crankcase vent tube

Post by lastcall190 »

Can't help, sorry, but the verbiage of your post made me laugh.

If you don't have an answer when I get home from work I'll have a look at my car and see if I can help later.

-J
2012 Caprice
2008 CVPI

Both gone but not forgotten...
kevink

Post by kevink »

Connect the catch can inlet to the port on the rear of the driver's side valve cover.
Connect the catch can outlet to the intake manifold behind the throttle body.
Connect the passenger side valve cover to the air intake tubing between the MAF and the TB.
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

kevink wrote:Connect the catch can inlet to the port on the rear of the driver's side valve cover.
Connect the catch can outlet to the intake manifold behind the throttle body.
Connect the passenger side valve cover to the air intake tubing between the MAF and the TB.
Yeah for your first response I have no idea without being shown lol. Second response I'm guessing that's referring to the plastic fitting on the passenger side of the throttle body area (behind EVAP canister). For your third response I'm also at a loss. I have the OTR intake, if that helps at all.
13 Caprice 6.0L, Solo catback exhaust, 3.27 diff, VCM OTR and Volant throttle spacer, MSD coils plugs wires, transmission pan upgrade and widemouth filter. Camaro 18" rims.

Active Duty USAF
kevink

Post by kevink »

If you look at your engine while reading what I previously wrote, I'm sure you'll find the points I'm talking about.
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

kevink wrote:If you look at your engine while reading what I previously wrote, I'm sure you'll find the points I'm talking about.
You're talking to the guy who scratched his head for 6 hours on this, went to get a longer bolt and then blew a brake line on my other vehicle in the process. Had to fix it and drive it back. It was a day from hell. I appreciate the help but I'll most likely need more guidance lol.

Active Duty USAF
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

You should have a plastic line that on a stock setup goes from TB under and around to the driver's side valve cover. A similar line connects the passenger side to the flexible intake hose between TB and MAF and was probably modified when you did the OTR intake. Leave that part along if you are using a single catch can setup and find the one on the driver side, remove it from the valve cover and attach to the catch can and then attach something hopefully included in what you bought from the catch can back to the TB fitting. Maybe post up a pick of what you have as well as your engine?
Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

I know I use the line next to my empty MAP hole, and is this yellow tipped line the one I need?
Attachments
IMG_20180717_170415.jpg
IMG_20180717_170415.jpg (216.9 KiB) Viewed 12822 times
IMG_20180717_170352.jpg
IMG_20180717_170352.jpg (197.57 KiB) Viewed 12822 times
IMG_20180717_170236.jpg
IMG_20180717_170236.jpg (281.44 KiB) Viewed 12822 times

Active Duty USAF
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

Believe you have it now sir... its called the "dirty side" of the LS.... Whats happening with all those crazy wires on top of intake mani?
Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

xcidmigs wrote:Believe you have it now sir... its called the "dirty side" of the LS.... Whats happening with all those crazy wires on top of intake mani?
I got it figured out! That plastic fitting to the driver side valve cover it all makes sense now, I remember on the G8 and SS videos it was just a U shaped hose between those two in behind the TB. Makes sense now. Thanks.

That's a MSD ignition wire upgrade. And I didn't reroute the hoses and wires quite the right way after throwing it back together last time.

And since I'm Irish and therefore so damn lucky, now I just have to deal with a brand new P0340 code for camshaft sensor!

Screw with your oil catch can and get a brand new engine code for free! You have to pay for the cost of a new sensor and drop your starter to fix the sensor, but after that it's absolutely free! Just pay blood sweat and tears.

Active Duty USAF