2011 Manual Swap?

Post your new and used Caprice PPV's for sale here. Please note the guidelines for this moderated forum prior to posting.
Forum rules
Listings acceptable to post in this section are Caprice PPV's for sale by individuals, government entities (I.E. direct sale/auction/sealed bids), and the occasional car for sale on dealer lots (trade-in's for example) that do not normally sell Caprices. EBAY/Craigslist/auction site ads are OK for the above as well. Please do not post third party ads for cars on behalf of dealers that routinely sell used PPV's as part of their primary business. Listings by members with under five forum posts may be removed without notice, please check with a moderator if you have questions. SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
eagle-co94

Re: 2011 Manual Swap?

Post by eagle-co94 »

Once I sell my current 67 Caprice I'll have a little more room in the driveway. I'm currently working on my Cayenne Turbo (CTT) rebuild (rollover) and once done will part out/sell my CTT parts truck for more room. It's donating 4 doors, shifter, seatbelts and curtain airbags.

The LSA is in the 9C3 and mated to the 6L80. I just need to lift it and swap oil pans to the PPV oil pan because apparently the pans have different oil cooler mounts as the motor mounts from the PPV aren't in the same spot as they are on the V2 so there's a conflict. We'll see how much my wife likes the 6-speed Caprice as it'll be hers.

Then I can get to work on resurrecting the Impala SS. Yes, I like my big bodies!
-James . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
No Moa

Post by No Moa »

did you confirm it was actually a manual swap? I was just curious. a lot of FBers were following that one.
2014 Caprice PPV silver
2017 Ram 3500
2002 CETA trans am
1996 Impala ss (soon to be t56)
1995 9c1
1977 Trans am SE 4spd.
1978 trans am 400 4 spd.
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

I couldn't get inspectors to go out or answer their phone so this one's a crap shoot.
-James . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . "Life without knowledge is death in disguise."
No Moa

Post by No Moa »

Ah. That’s to bad they don’t seem to want to help out more.
2014 Caprice PPV silver
2017 Ram 3500
2002 CETA trans am
1996 Impala ss (soon to be t56)
1995 9c1
1977 Trans am SE 4spd.
1978 trans am 400 4 spd.
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

As long as the car runs good it's still not a bad price for a 9C1 based on what Chicago and Welcome Motors are asking.
capiboy21

Post by capiboy21 »

Any chance you can post a vid of the car? I'd love to see a walk around and hear about how well (or poorly) done the manual swap on it is!
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

Once the car gets delivered and I get a chance to get to it I'll definitely post up information on the car.
B4CU

Post by B4CU »

eagle-co94 wrote:Once the car gets delivered and I get a chance to get to it I'll definitely post up information on the car.
Hahaha I was bidding on this car and looking for info on it for a while. I couldn't justify the cost on a mystery build because I am not that brave. It looks like the swap was done recently because I called the dealer in Chicago that sold it before and they said it wasn't a manual then. The carfax like report also said there was no record of police use but it was a police car from Texas. Yeah I just assumed there was something wrong with it since the security light was on while the car was running and somebody just wanted to bail on it. More details please when you get it.

Edit: Are you actually from Florida because I saw the winning bid go to Oregon I thought.
2013 White 9C1 Caprice
eagle-co94

Post by eagle-co94 »

I am from FL but my Copart account only lets me bid in certain states and types of auctions. This was one of the ones that I had to use a broker. It ends up costing me within $100 after including my membership fees.
roman1978

Post by roman1978 »

is the car home yet ?