Performance Pads/Rotors for great price

Suspension, brake, and hydraulic/electric steering discussion.
Fudgehog

Performance Pads/Rotors for great price

Post by Fudgehog »

Those looking to keep their stock calipers and want a decent option for upgraded brakes nonetheless should look no further. The company I've been buying brakes from is up in Toronto, and are very reasonable. They even said it would be four weeks for my set to ship and it was delivered today.

Here they are: black powder coated, cross drilled and slotted rotors, and full carbon metallic pads all for 200. Stainless finish for $179 whole kit.
Max Advanced Brakes
Attachments
IMG_20180409_100954.jpg
IMG_20180409_100954.jpg (249.43 KiB) Viewed 8677 times
Last edited by Fudgehog on Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
13 Caprice 6.0L, Solo catback exhaust, 3.27 diff, VCM OTR and Volant throttle spacer, MSD coils plugs wires, transmission pan upgrade and widemouth filter. Camaro 18" rims.

Active Duty USAF
xcidmigs

Re: Performance Pads/Rotors for great price

Post by xcidmigs »

That looks like the actual rotor is powder coated? You will have to let us know how that works in actual use, I have a hard time believing that standard PC would take the heat on a rotor, also I assume you will have the contact surface machined? What type of material is used in the pads and what is the friction rating printed on them?
Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

I've used these exact kits on my Silverado and an envoy and front brakes on a Sedona. No issues. They offer uncoated rotors (stainless but still with rust protectant) for $179. The pad obviously takes the coating off immediately, but as for the ribs and the centers stay coated.

"Meets or Exceeds ISO 9002 / QS9000 / TUV / VDA 6.1 World Standards."
Improve initial bite and reduce up to 35% pedal travel.
Outperforms ceramic and semi-metallic pads in tests.
Up to 40,000 KM of Smooth, Progressive, and Controlled Braking."

That's just off Amazon. Either way when I bought the car, they squeaked anyway. Maybe just some clip grease needed, but either way. Trucks had these for 3 years or so no issues.
13 Caprice 6.0L, Solo catback exhaust, 3.27 diff, VCM OTR and Volant throttle spacer, MSD coils plugs wires, transmission pan upgrade and widemouth filter. Camaro 18" rims.

Active Duty USAF
kevink

Post by kevink »

They're electroplated, not powder coated.
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

Yeah I think i found on amazon, is this it?
https://www.amazon.com/Max-Brakes-Coate ... ced+Brakes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think you guys should read the description a bit more, its clearly just electrocoated paint not PC and they don't offer anything Stainless, not aware of any brake rotor that would be since they are all basically Cast Iron or a at 10x a carbon ceramic...

Also doesn't tell you who actually makes them just that its "machined" in CANADA meaning prob over seas product to start as are most.
I bought into new gen raybestos stuff for my latest project they have actual lab stuff on their new coatings, will report back next year I guess
Fudgehog

Post by Fudgehog »

Just going off what they told me, they gave the 4 week estimate that they had to coat the rear rotors.

By stainless I meant stainless finish, most likely zinc coated like most are.

Those are their ceramic pads though too, that's why they give the PN to upgrade to full carbon metallic.

Active Duty USAF