Tail light options

Discussion on body issues/mods, appearance, interior/trim, and detailing (i.e. how to keep your car looking showroom new, or a reasonable facsimile thereof...).
andrewL

Tail light options

Post by andrewL »

Unfortunately one of my tail lights got busted and before going to the dealer I wanted to test the waters and see if there's any other options that might look good.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: Tail light options

Post by smwalker »

Converting to LED seems to be about the only option/upgrade. Board member Maurice did it here: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1253&p=11223&hilit=led#p11223" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Will require you send out your BCM to Chris white for some fine tuning, but all the wiring is in place.

Not even seeing any aftermarket stuff on Ebay AU
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Combatcarl

Post by Combatcarl »

Did this on mine with black vinyl. I think it changed the look for the better
Attachments
IMG_1973.JPG
IMG_1973.JPG (3.89 MiB) Viewed 10712 times
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

WOW I just threw up my coffee laughin.... you seriously covered up your reverse lights? Good luck with that mod sir....I guess you next post will be titled "Backed up into XYZ"

to OP check ebay plenty to find there but they are all OEM type

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-2014-Capr ... cZ&vxp=mtr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Combatcarl

Post by Combatcarl »

Hell yeah! Useless feature!! The backup camera does a fine job (tested it out with the backup lamps unplugged.) not to mention it's a timt film so when plugged in they still light up well enough.
Combatcarl

Post by Combatcarl »

I'm just waiting for my reprogrammed SS silverbox to use the in dash screen