12-13 differences?

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
Gluefactory

12-13 differences?

Post by Gluefactory »

(Figured I'd move it out of the Noob Intro forum and over where folks tend to looks)

Are there any other differences between 12-13 that I should know about, aside from the crappy gimped radio and 2 speaker system?

More importantly, how difficult is it to remedy said audio issues?
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: 12-13 differences?

Post by smwalker »

IN the 2013 9C1 models they started using the rear door panels in the style of the 2014 front door panels. KInd of more angular and straight lines. They do not really match front to rear, but you cant use newer 14 door panels for the front because they wont match up with the 11-13 style dash.

In the 2013 9C3 models they retained the rear door panel style of 11-13 models. We on the board have only ever seen two 2013 9C3 models and one was wrecked I think so you most likely won't see one for sale. If you do jump on the Sucker.

And they removed mirage gold metallic as a color in 13, no big whoop.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Gluefactory

Post by Gluefactory »

Well I just found out the 13 (9c1) had a damn tree squash the roof and trunk in. Insurance totaled it due to repair cost. Looks like that's out.

And all I did was run the vin thru google. Shame. It looks flawless in pictures. (Longtubes/cai/tune)

:(
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Yea watch out for salvages. Lots of rear end hits on these cars from being on the side of freeways during duty.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White