HSV GRANGE

If you're looking for a specific Caprice PPV-related part, service, or car post your requests here.
Forum rules
SPECIAL NOTE - We have no role or liability in any transactions other then to provide a venue to advertise the items. Disputes must be resolved independently between the parties involved in any transaction.
ManBearPig

HSV GRANGE

Post by ManBearPig »

Soooo.... really like the look of the grange grill and bumper. Anyone have an idea of how those parts can be had? Or the price.
Robert

2011 Caprice 9C3 Alto Gray
ManBearPig

Re: HSV GRANGE

Post by ManBearPig »

Well, the main question should be, are those parts compatible?
Robert

indianajoe

Post by indianajoe »

I'd be surprised if it didn't fit, interchangeability is key to cutting costs after all.

a look at ebay.au shows some grange parts, but it'll cost a lot to ship stuff here.

maybe reach out to Karo from holdenpartsusa? i know he gets monaro front ends for the gto crowd
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

The thing that drive the costs up on these items is two things.

1. I hear HSV requires proof you are an HSV owner in order to get new replacement parts for an HSV vehicle.

2. Every bloke in Australia with a Statesman is also looking for these parts in the auto recycling chain so anything that goes on the market gets top dollar quickly.

What you end up seeing is items like this:

Ebay - Grange Grille

And you think $185, thats cheap, then read the description. Cracks, broken tabs and screw holes. Saw a grange bumper that was basically torn in half on the bottom and still sold for $700AU

I think I have seen Karo get some HSV stuff. Not sure how they get around the ownership provision. But if they can great. $3000.00 for a bumper would not be unheard of after all the freight. Then you have to add in the cost of the inner structure items that may not convert over. Wiring harness, lights, trim for fog lights and deal with the parking sensor holes either with some fill plugs or actually fill them in, or actually make them work somehow.

Here is one here: Ebay - Front Grange bumper

And keep in mind that is the E1 or kind of like first generation. Read that guys description in the auction down further he has an E3/E4 package that is probly what you are after (since that is the one that looks so cool). You will notice he does not quote a price for that!! Shoot him a message see what he says. I bet it aint cheaper than the E1 bumper!

But it would be a neat project for sure!
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
ManBearPig

Post by ManBearPig »

Seems like you might as well start off with a grange from Austin land. You can have a 6-8 year old grange for 25k or so american shipped. But it'll be right hand drive.
Robert

PPV4ME

Post by PPV4ME »

ManBearPig wrote:Seems like you might as well start off with a grange from Austin land. You can have a 6-8 year old grange for 25k or so american shipped. But it'll be right hand drive.
I looked into having a Statesman shipped before I bought my Caprice but from my understanding there would be no way to title it, and it sounded like it would be required to be converted to LHD. Would be amazing to have a Grange here though.
ManBearPig

Post by ManBearPig »

There are guys in Colorado that import the used utes and do conversions. There's gotta be a way
Robert

xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

I thought the conversions were based on US g8 cars? but now i read they import UTE body shells in CO and then install US car drivetrains basically as a way around customs and import taxes on whole vehicles. They sell those for $40K!