18" Camaro Wheels

Discussion on wheel & tire issues
lsxJERRY

Re: 18" Camaro Wheels

Post by lsxJERRY »

Really love the look of these wheels. Here's how it looks on mine:

I originally wanted 2014 SS wheels but couldn't justify paying $350 per wheel and tires. With this i'm only in it $1,100 and have the Camaro tires to sell.

Side question: Anyone know a good Drag Radial that fits the stock 18" steelies?
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

http://www.jegs.com/i/Mickey-Thompson/6 ... oreDetails" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

would need to widen the stock wheels....
yargnits

Post by yargnits »

lsxJERRY wrote:Really love the look of these wheels. Here's how it looks on mine:

I originally wanted 2014 SS wheels but couldn't justify paying $350 per wheel and tires. With this i'm only in it $1,100 and have the Camaro tires to sell.

Holy smokes! My car's been cloned! :lol:

I think the wheels look good too. My wish list includes dropping the car a little to improve handling and the look. As mentioned, the OEM brake pads give off a lot of dust. Mine get noticeably dirty after 3-4 days of driving to work. I'm looking to put these http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php ... 73&jsn=582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; on in the next few weeks.

I don't know much about drag racing but it seems that the steelies are a bit heavy. Maybe buy another pair of (wider) alum rims for the back tires for track days. Me: I hope to autocross mine sometime, I like turnin'!
Dave B - Yargnits
--
2011 Caprice 9C3
2018 Silverado LT
2005 John Deere (garden tractor)
lsxJERRY

Post by lsxJERRY »

yargnits wrote:
lsxJERRY wrote:Really love the look of these wheels. Here's how it looks on mine:

I think the wheels look good too. My wish list includes dropping the car a little to improve handling and the look. As mentioned, the OEM brake pads give off a lot of dust. Mine get noticeably dirty after 3-4 days of driving to work. I'm looking to put these http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php ... 73&jsn=582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; on in the next few weeks.

I don't know much about drag racing but it seems that the steelies are a bit heavy. Maybe buy another pair of (wider) alum rims for the back tires for track days. Me: I hope to autocross mine sometime, I like turnin'!
Lol, there's a huge chance a lot of our cars here look alike. Personally, I love the split 5 spoke look and once I seen yours with these I had to get me a set. Coincidentally, we're both from Northern Indiana too, I haven't seen another Caprice that's not a police cruiser yet and I drive Hammond to Chicago, and Hammond to Crown Point almost every weekend.

I switched to ACDelco front brake pads and rotors (ceramic) before winter and they don't create much dust, tho I've been having some squealing issues. As far as drag radial, I was trying to refrain from buying new wheels for the rear but i may just do that I guess if nothing fits on the steelies, they are some heavy s.o.b's compared to the aluminum Camaro wheels. I think I may just keep the steelies for winter and get a separate set for racing.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

yargnits wrote:

Autocrossing these cars is a LOT of fun! We've done it once, and know we'll do it again. Just remember to turn off traction control. If you just press the button, there is still some driving nanny present, you just have to get a bit more out of shape before it kicks in. There's no doubt when that happens, though.

I have '15 SS wheels, and want to get them black powder-coated so they're not as obvious. I need to get the right ZL1 center caps to complete the blacked-out look.

I, too really like the steel rims, and have an extra pair just for widening. I was shocked and amazed at how freaking heavy they were, though, and wish there was something out there that looked the same but was lighter. I guess they have to be able to hop curbs with a single bound and keep rolling, but man, that's a lot of unsprung rotational weight
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?
yargnits

Post by yargnits »

lsxJERRY wrote:Image
That's an EXTREMELY rare sight... a Pence sign in NW Indiana. :lol:
Dave B - Yargnits
--
2011 Caprice 9C3
2018 Silverado LT
2005 John Deere (garden tractor)
chrisd91

Post by chrisd91 »

Finally picked up a set of these wheels off of craigslist, take offs from a new camaro with 50mi on them. I was going to wait to post until I washed the car again, but I am too happy with how they look to wait.

Old wheels for a before pic:
New 18" camaro wheels with stock caprice tires. I am extremely happy with the results, they completely change the look and feel of the car from fleet vehicle to factory sporty sedan. Everyone that I have talked to thinks the wheels are an improvement. One friend even mistook the car for an SS when I sent him a picture lol
lsxJERRY

Post by lsxJERRY »

chrisd91 wrote:Finally picked up a set of these wheels off of craigslist, take offs from a new camaro with 50mi on them. I was going to wait to post until I washed the car again, but I am too happy with how they look to wait.
New 18" camaro wheels with stock caprice tires. I am extremely happy with the results, they completely change the look and feel of the car from fleet vehicle to factory sporty sedan. Everyone that I have talked to thinks the wheels are an improvement. One friend even mistook the car for an SS when I sent him a picture lol
My car gets constantly mistaken for an SS, kinda funny. The Camaro wheels look great on a white car.
Silversled

Post by Silversled »

I paid $300 for a set of brand new take offs and sent them to my powder coater to coat them in a high gloss black. I also bought new Schrader OEM sensors and Holden center caps. I just picked up the wheels tonight and put everything together. Waiting for my Conti Extreme Contact tires to come in from Tire Rack.

Going on my 2014 PPV sitting on H&R springs,

2014 Chevrolet Caprice PPV
2014 Chevrolet Stingray Z51
2016 AMG C63
2015 BMW X5 iDrive 50i
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Silversled wrote:Image
I knew there was something about that back seat (and front seat back) that wasn't familiar....

Still wondering why more aren't considering this Camaro wheel--which clears Brembo brakes, if an upgrade is in the future:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1774" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(weird e-bay listing)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/CHEVY-MALIBU-IM ... 1826404271" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;