Crazy Paul - may be gone

Q & A with the Holden Parts guru himself, Paul Sadler. Archive for old topics only, business is now closed.
Forum rules
This business venture is currently on hiatus. No new orders for parts are able to be placed at this time, nor is this site being monitored by the vendor. Forum is locked, discussion topics are left active for reference purposes. Unfortunately we have no idea at this time when the business will again be accepting orders.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Crazy Paul - may be gone

Post by Navy Lifer »

Waiting confirmation, but several boards have had comments from members that Crazy Paul has closed down his parts operation.

Update if I get confirmation.
GTPprix

Re: Crazy Paul - may be gone

Post by GTPprix »

Nooooooooooooooo
Chris White
http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com
2022 3LT Red Mist Coupe
2023 70th Anniversary Z06 HTC
2023 Escalade V
2023 Yukon Denali Ultimate LM2
2022 Camaro ZL1 M6
xcidmigs

Post by xcidmigs »

wow i just bought fog lights from him that were delivered 2 weeks ago?
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Yea got this from him late last week:

I've been battling health and other serious issues.
It's time for me to move on and try to forget about cars
Have gone out of business now, sorry to all who want something still
Regards
C.P.

Send him a note of encouragement you know how us men deal with health issues.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

CP had indicated there were issues he was dealing with in my most recent contacts with him, without any real specificity other than a "health problem"...didn't press, but told him I was dealing with a serious health issue too (prostate cancer), but I have no idea just how serious his situation is, whether medical, financial, or anything else--in seeing others mention his apparent withdrawal from the scene, I did send him a note earlier today.

Some here already were aware of my own situation, but now it's "out". I'm doing OK, in a treatment situation that just has to play out as the blood tests direct the doctors as far as what comes "next"....it could be many months before any other step(s) may be called for.

C.P. was quite an asset in the Holden to the many US and world beyond Australia auto enthusiasts--very difficult, if not impossible, to replace.
CrashTestDummy

Post by CrashTestDummy »

Wow. Prayers out to both you, Bill, and Paul, for full recovery/remission! You're both significant contributors to the hobby. Paul's services will be sorely-missed. Don't you go AWOL!! ;)

That's why I've been on a bit of a buying binge for some of the other vehicles we own. One is a 86 SVO, and parts and services availability for SVO-specific parts been drying up almost daily. Short of buying a spare car, I'm grabbing parts I even _think_ I may use 'someday' now, as they'll be gone tomorrow. There is a list of parts I had for the Caprice that were on that list, which were AU-only. Sadly, since they weren't cheap, I put off the purchase. :cry:
Gene Beaird,
Pearland, Texas
2012 Caprice 9C1
1992 B4C 1LE Camaro
2018 Tahoe PPV (her car)
1995 DGGM Impala SS
1985 Firebird - 310 LS1 C Prepared autocross car.
1980 Bluebird Wanderlodge
And some others
Do YOU have my SPID?