On Patrol Live - Caprice Chasing BMW

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
NewToMe2013PPV

On Patrol Live - Caprice Chasing BMW

Post by NewToMe2013PPV »

This was from last weekend...quite the chase...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InFKeQKsypI
Pursuit
Administration Staff

Re: On Patrol Live - Caprice Chasing BMW

Post by Pursuit »

Never was able to outrun the Caprice! (Explorer my butt). And got hit and stopped by another one... Good job by all involved pursuing him!

Maurice
Maurice Sheil

mhsheil@gmail.com

2011 Caprice Phantom Black 9C3
2012 Impala 9C1
1995 9C1 Caprice
1996 GMC Sierra C1500
1996 Chevrolet K2500 Extended Cab, long box, 454, 91,000 rust free miles
1974 SJ Grand Prix 455 well optioned with factory moon roof
anwat

Post by anwat »

One of the best I've ever seen. Dude wasn't going to give up until he had to. Doubt that was a stolen BMW, though, it had some mods to the engine, as you could see it backfiring every time he let off the gas...unless he stole it from another racer. Kudos to the driver of the Caprice, good driving skills there!
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Only a Caprice could keep up with that and now we don't have them anymore. If his needs bodywork, it will likely be scrapped since it would cost too much or parts are unavailable :cry:

On another note, no way a chase would have gone on that long here. A supervisor would have shut it down right away. Only reason a pursuit would have been authorized to continue would be to preserve life (i.e. a kidnap victim)
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
NewToMe2013PPV

Post by NewToMe2013PPV »

They later corrected the Explorer statement by saying that he was driving an Impala with a Corvette engine...lol

They're used to Explorers, Tahoes, and some Taurus'. Although, the FL, SC, and VA depts have quite a few Caprices. I notice them a lot more since I got mine.