Interior shots 2016 WN series 2 Holden Caprice

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
darrenj

Interior shots 2016 WN series 2 Holden Caprice

Post by darrenj »

Find attached some interior shots of my Holden Caprice, Looking at PPVs compared to the Holden Caprice is like looking into a parallel universe, same but very different. As your members are probably very aware these cars where the top of the line luxury Holden in their home market. The WN 2 was the last luxury barge to be made in Australia after a long and proud history not only with Holdens but Fords and earlier Chryslers all having a unique Australian top of the line long wheel base and generally V8 version. Photos may show the interior up as more grey but it is black, very strong sunlight today. I'm interested to learn what these cars do and do not have in common between the Holden version and the PPVs. It may interest your members to know some of the luxury features standard on the WN series 2 Caprice. This car was in production from some time in 2015 until October 2017 when the final Holden built Holdens where made. Some of the features include park assist, leather seats, full front electric seats with 2 person memory, heated seats, DVD player with head phones and remote for rear passengers, sat Nav, heads up display, puddle lights on the exterior mirrors and illumination onto the ground below doors when opened at night and many more features. Also of interest to me is, does anyone attempt to keep these Chevrolet PPVs in original unmodified condition. I fully understand that they lend themselves to be modified but it strikes me that they are a rare car and it would be good if one or two survived in original condition. Many thanks for your great forum it is very interesting to me. Darren
Attachments
IMG_9839.JPG
IMG_9839.JPG (1.74 MiB) Viewed 828 times
IMG_9835.JPG
IMG_9835.JPG (1.73 MiB) Viewed 828 times
IMG_9834.JPG
IMG_9834.JPG (1.83 MiB) Viewed 828 times
IMG_9833.JPG
IMG_9833.JPG (2.3 MiB) Viewed 828 times
Mooseman

Re: Interior shots 2016 WN series 2 Holden Caprice

Post by Mooseman »

I get what you're saying. I probably have the rarest of them all. Probably the only Caprice in Canada. And yes, I have modified mine using G8 interior parts. The PPV was built specifically for police work only and was very spartan from the factory. Super stiff unsupportive cloth front seats, rear vinyl seats, a funky center console and shifter without any cup holders, a locked out radio that only played the radio, no carpet with a full rubber mat (9c1) and no options at all except air conditioning.

These are not '69 Chevelle SS so they're not collector cars. I think no matter what's done to them, they will retain their value or maybe even increase it with a better interior.

Others' thoughts?
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419
darrenj

Post by darrenj »

Probably where an original PPV would be really collectible would be in Australia as a side note to our Caprices. I remember seeing the PPV in the paper when it was announced that Holden would supply them, it was a big deal for Holden at the time. As for the basic trim and harsh interior it could not be further from the character of a Holden Caprice. By the way I understand that the PPV used a column shifter, how did the park brake work? WM Holden Caprice used a conventional pull up lever mounted in the centre console, WN used an electric park brake actuated from a switch on the centre console. Did the PPV use a foot operated unit?
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Sure does. Push to set, push again to release. The brake pedal cable runs over to the center console area where there's a translation mechanism taking place of the lever.
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

NICE ! you got the rear seat monitors !