What’s the oddest thing you found in your decommissioned ppv

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
JoeR

Re: What’s the oddest thing you found in your decommissioned ppv

Post by JoeR »

elc32955 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:10 pm A crack rock under the rear seat. Guess someone missed it on a search and a perp probably stuffed it to avoid getting charged. After that I called our local PD and had them bring a drug doggie for a quick sniff check of the car... just in case.
I didn't find anything cool like you guys have. Just some Sobriety Check booklets, business cards, etc. I contacted my local Sheriff to see if someone would run a drug dog around the car before I took it on the road though. They told me "Not a chance. Clean the car real good, and if you find anything just dispose of it." I thought that was curious, but I figured if they came and actually found anything, the what? Someone has to be the owner of it. They probably didn't want the hassle.
Joe
roadkill

Post by roadkill »

I found a pack of aa batteries, several spent blank cartridges, 2 fleet gas cards, replacement flashlight bulb, replacement tazer cartridge in the glovebox and under the seats. then in the trunk I found a 3 foot long hardened 5/8 inch chain and lock with the key and a spare set of wiper blades. the chain was bolted to the rear deck, I assume it was for a gun box or something. I was happy to find the wiper blades. The ones on the car were junk.
Jay_Z

Post by Jay_Z »

About the only "cool" thing I found when pulling the flooring out of my car was a .45 ACP bullet. Besides that there were multiple rusty screws that I couldn't tell if they were dropped during up fitting, or during decommissioning, but the amount of rust on them was somewhat alarming.
65 Z-16

Post by 65 Z-16 »

I found a Pokéball in the firewall drains of my 9C1!?!!?
20221001_145622.jpg
20221001_145622.jpg (1.93 MiB) Viewed 1035 times
on closer inspection, it may just be a pepperball. still odd, just not nearly as odd as a Pokéball.
Grandstaff

Post by Grandstaff »

A rusty razor blade in the engine bay.
Attachments
20230325_205143.jpg
20230325_205143.jpg (1.02 MiB) Viewed 651 times
shawnjon82

Post by shawnjon82 »

A spit mask, some type of Id scanner, ticket book, some ones ID, zip tie restraints, bean bag shotgun shells, police department hat and reflective vest, pepper spray
Mooseman

Post by Mooseman »

Wow. They sure did a crap job of cleaning that one out!
2011 Caprice PPV, former RCMP test vehicle, never put into service
Build Thread: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2419