If you had an entire G8 for parts...

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
MN6WS6

If you had an entire G8 for parts...

Post by MN6WS6 »

... what would you change on your Caprice?

So late last year I picked up a 2012 Caprice 9C3 and recently bought a V6 G8 parts car (sideswiped). Obviously, the sheetmetal and powertrain will go up on the G8 boards and ebay, but other than the seats (it's got leather and I HATE leather plus the driver's seat is worn out) is there anything on the G8 that I should put into the 9C3? I mean I've already got the console and carpet, not cutting the roof to put in a sunroof (although if anybody here wants to tackle that project it is functional and I'll cut you the deal of a lifetime...) not sure if any of that Blaupunkt factory stereo would work in a Caprice but it too is all there and all works along with XM radio, no airbags were deployed so maybe the steering wheel/bag/etc. just not entirely sure what, if anything, is desirable from the G8 interior or electrically or was some nice feature from the G8 that people have thought about but just hasn't been feasible without having an entire functional car to even attempt. Thoughts?

And, yes, I am pulling the console and carpet, cleaning it up, and putting it on here first since this is where I bought the car and wanted to give any of you guys first shot at it. Just have to get the time set aside to get started. Or if any of you want that leather back seat. But that will go in the appropriate forum once available ;)
kevink

Re: If you had an entire G8 for parts...

Post by kevink »

I would change nothing. These cars are extremely rare, and the more original they are, the cooler they are (except for performance mods, of course).
2011 9C3: 11.48 @118.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Post by smwalker »

Wont work on your 12 with knee airbags but an 11 owner might enjoy the lower dash insulators. Cuts down on noise and gives a place to put some foot well lights.

https://www.newcaprice.com/forum/viewto ... =928#p8389

How is the trunk lid carpeted panel?
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Stingroo

Post by Stingroo »

Location? Interested in the console... lol
MN6WS6

Post by MN6WS6 »

Semmes, AL (basically Mobile)
Stingroo

Post by Stingroo »

Dang. A little far for a drive but maybe I could work out a deal on shipping with my job's business account.
DapperDanMan

Post by DapperDanMan »

You can swap over the A pillar trim, B pillar trim, visors, visor clips, map light, and rear dome light, to the caprice, if you want to get your headliner redone in black. Also I think grab handles.
If not I would be interested in all those parts :D
2015 Caprice 6.0
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

The rear seat is a good upgrade for the Caprice since you gain the pass-through to the trunk, plus the rear you have is leather. The Caprice has is a one-piece seat, the G8 has the center fold-down, cup holders, mini-desk, you get the picture. I ran a G8 seat on my 2011 with no issues, it'll fit 11-17 without issues.

But if you decide not to mess with it, post it up here. You'll find takers.

Thanks
Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
MN6WS6

Post by MN6WS6 »

ELC, I know about the back seat but I want cloth, not leather, so it will go on here. Maybe somebody wants a straight swap? Mine is in great condition, no rips or tears, has one small stain that almost looks like a paint streak from a paint pen but I'm not going to mess with it and leave that up to the next person. I'm going to make a list of things but it will be a swap first cloth for leather and see if anybody is interested and we can meet up to cut the driving down.

Dapper, front visors are present but the passenger vanity mirror lid is broken on one side in the hinge and driver vanity mirror lid is missing entirely. Car is also a sunroof car. Everything else is present and functional otherwise. If you're still interested in that stuff, shoot me a price. This was a black car in the deep south with over 200k so all the "white" clips are brittle or are disappearing into the abyss of the body sides/rockers. My 9C3 is also missing several of these. Anybody got a source where I can pick up a few thousand to have on standby?