2015 Middle East Caprice on auction

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
elc32955
System Manager

2015 Middle East Caprice on auction

Post by elc32955 »

I decided to post this item as there's a lot of detailed pic in the auction item, gives us a good look at a 2015 Middle Eastern car. It's different seeing the DIC display in Arabic along with the different trim level in the long wheelbase. Also makes you appreciate how cheap the rear 13-17 door panels are that we got...

Of course if you're overseas this might be the deal of the day for you :)

http://www.emiratesauction.com/en/Cars/ ... did=325759

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
smwalker
Administration Staff

Re: 2015 Middle East Caprice on auction

Post by smwalker »

No HUD in there, thats interesting.
Steve Walker
Azusa, CA
'11 PPV 9C3 Huron White
Ridgeppv

Post by Ridgeppv »

Would be cool to see that interior in a US caprice
2014 6.0L BTR Stage 2 Cam, DOD Delete, 3.45 diff, long tube headers, VCM OTR Intake
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

I was noting a few things....

1) It has the Omega steering wheel apparently like the PPV, it's definitely not the leather wheel - just a wheel cover on it.
2) Dash trim is the flat silver like our cars.
3) SS-type cluster minus the red trim but in the mono white/black DIC format.
4) It's badged at the "LTZ" trim level.
5) I was trying to note the tire sizes as it looks like the offset is more like we see with the Camaro wheels, seemed to be bumped out a bit from the bumper. Of course that's not saying the original owner could have put other wheels on the car just like we do. Just couldn't see them with the resolution of the pics.

So I'm guessing this is the basic stripper model car with the V8. And it got the complete non-chopped console. Grrrr..... I wonder if we can get Saudi/UAE sales figures for these cars... that might be an interesting data set.

Eric
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.