Did anyone else decipher what the option codes on your SPID?

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
gregc

Did anyone else decipher what the option codes on your SPID?

Post by gregc »

I was bored last weekend and I decided to see how my car was optioned. What has me confused is that I have option AY0 which is side curtain airbags for the front and rear passenger. Mine was a 9C1 demo that was upfitted with a cage. I'm sure that airbag would destroy that cage upon impact.

These are the RPOs for the 2011s
Option Code
Description
6A3 Floor covering, heavy-duty vinyl
6B7 Roof hole, on-centerline
6C7 Lighting, front auxiliary dome
6E3 Door locks, single key locking system, entire fleet coded alike
6E4 Door locks, single key locking system, entire fleet coded alike
6J1 Ignition, 110-amp
6J3 Wiring, grille lamps and siren speaker
6J4 Wiring, horn and siren circuit
6J5 Roof hole, passenger-side
6J7 Flasher system, headlamp and taillamp, DRL compatible
6N5 Window switches, rear-window inoperative
6N6 Door locks and handles, inside rear door inoperative
7B3 Suspension, Heavy-Duty Police
7X6 Spotlamp, driver-side
7X8 Spotlamp provision, driver-side
7Y6 Lighting, inoperative dome
A6F Seat adjuster, front passenger 8-way power
A6G Seat adjuster, driver 8-way power
A98 Trunk release, ignition controlled
AAW Seats, front bucket
AEH Seats, front bucket
AH7 Seat adjuster, front passenger 4-way power
AKB
Air bags, dual-stage frontal, thorax side-impact, and head curtain driver and front passenger, includes Passenger Sensing System
AMF Keys, 6 cut
ATG Remote Keyless Entry
AY0
Air bags, dual-stage frontal, and thorax side-impact, driver and front passenger, and head curtain side-impact, front and rear outboard seating positions
B34 Floor mats, carpeted front and rear
B42 Cargo mat, trunk
BDR Lock cylinder, trunk
BTV Remote vehicle starter system
CJ2 Air conditioning, dual-zone automatic climate control
D72 Door handles, Black
DD4 Mirror, inside rearview
DP2 Mirrors, outside power-adjustable, Black
DR9 Mirrors, outside heated power-adjustable, Black
FE9 Emissions, Federal requirements
G80 Differential, limited slip
GW8 Rear axle, 2.92 ratio
JL9 Brakes, 4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc
K4S Battery, auxiliary, 600 cold-cranking amps
KW7 Alternator, 170 amps
L77 Engine, 6.0L V8 SFI
MX0 Transmission, 6-speed automatic
N10 Exhaust system, dual, stainless-steel
N40 Steering, power
N65 Wheel and tire, spare, compact
NB8 Emissions override, California
NB9 Emissions override, state-specific
NC7 Emissions override, Federal
NE1
Emissions, Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington state requirements
QQ5 Tire, full-size spare
R5M Tires, P235/50R18 all-season blackwall
RT3 Wheels, 18" (45.7 cm) heavy-duty steel
SGT Speed limiter, 130 mph top speed
T3W Daytime Running Lamps
T4A Headlamps, halogen
T53 Lamps, (LED) red and blue random flashing trunk lid warning
U71 Antenna, roof-mounted
UBW Audio system, AM/FM stereo with CD player and MP3 playback
UDC Driver Information Center
UJ6 Tire Pressure Monitor System
UQF Audio system feature, 4-speaker system
VK3 License plate bracket, front
VVS Daytime Running Lamps and automatic headlamps, delete
WX7 Wiring, for customer connection to front door speakers
YF5 Emissions, California state requirements
elc32955
System Manager

Re: Did anyone else decipher what the option codes on your S

Post by elc32955 »

Are you going to keep the cage in or pull it? Mixed feelings there, if you roll it the cage will provide more roof support to keep you from getting crushed. But, unless you're aspiring to be a bounty hunter or bail bondsman (or reserve police or fire/police in some areas) it's sorta limiting on what you can do with your back seat....

Here's a pic of my SPID label. I found it on my car attached to the underside of the spare tire cover. Weird place to put it, usually it's attached to a metal piece on the car (underside of the trunk lid, etc...).
Caprice 001a.jpg
Caprice 001a.jpg (211.08 KiB) Viewed 19068 times
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
gregc

Post by gregc »

[quote="elc32955"]Are you going to keep the cage in or pull it? Mixed feelings there, if you roll it the cage will provide more roof support to keep you from getting crushed. But, unless you're aspiring to be a bounty hunter or bail bondsman (or reserve police or fire/police in some areas) it's sorta limiting on what you can do with your back seat....

Here's a pic of my SPID label. I found it on my car attached to the underside of the spare tire cover. Weird place to put it, usually it's attached to a metal piece on the car (underside of the trunk lid, etc...).

All the equipment was removed before it went to auction. They left evidence that there was a cage in there because of the large holes left in the center pillar trim. They had covered it with duct tape. There were also holes in the mirror covers, fake fender vents, and fog lamp panels. There are holes in the front bumper cover where the push bars were installed. My dealer covered the holes up with reflective tape.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Ahhhh.... me so sorry, I misread the first post and thought the cage was still in. I had a friend that had a 84 FHP Mustang that he ran for years, it was the first 84 Mustang that FHP had (they had some wimpy 83's the year before) and it was outfitted with a full roll cage, guess it was their testbed car. Rode in that car a number of times with him, it was a pain to get in & out but I guess the trooper(s) that drove it didn't mind....
System Manager and your tour guide for the day. 2015 Caprice w/LFX, former NC DPS staff car. Partial hybrid G8/SS/Camaro SS interior mods, SS MyLink radio upgrade, 2016 Camaro V6 rims, GMPP Malibu chrome exhaust tips, otherwise bone stock for now.
Navy Lifer
Administration Staff

Post by Navy Lifer »

Greg, you posted only 1 of 2 pages--do you have the second half of the PPV RPO list?

In the B-body days, the 9C1 was equipped via SEO's (Special Equipment Options) rather than RPO's.

Many of the "options" on PPV are a default/standard combination, included regardless of the fact that each carries a designation as an RPO--it's not like the really old days where a customer could literally build their own unique combination. Many are unique to PPV--not offered on civilian models, and standard or selectable for addition to a "base" PPV. Are there any "delete" options for PPV--ie. something that is in the standard RPO package that can be de-selected?

In an unrelated discussion with a friend this weekend, we were talking about a couple of specs on B & D cars that seems to ignore the RPO approach. 91-96 B-body Chevy sedans, wagons and Buick Roadmaster wagons received 2 horns in production. Roadmaster sedans were built with 4 horns, even the lowest level base model. Cadillac Fleetwood (D) also was also built with 4 horns. No RPO exists to differentiate the 2 horn packages, which also dictated a different front chassis wiring harness.

The Service Parts Identification Label (SPIL) on the bottom of the spare tire cover is not really unusual--quite a few GM cars in the past used a similar location, at least once the labeling became standard--does anyone recall whether existence of the label was GM's choice, or was there a government mandate for the industry to do this?

PPV SPIL data seems a little inconsistent - paint codes are one area that leaves some questions. I'll post a new thread about that.
AACoPD05

Post by AACoPD05 »

Blast you option 7Y6...blast you!
Paul
2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor
2004 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport
gregc

Post by gregc »

[quote="Navy Lifer"]Greg, you posted only 1 of 2 pages--do you have the second half of the PPV RPO list?

the forum only uploaded the 1 page. I tried to delete the attachment, but wasn't sure how at the moment. I cut and pasted both pages in the actual message.
storm9c1

Post by storm9c1 »

Navy Lifer wrote:In an unrelated discussion with a friend this weekend, we were talking about a couple of specs on B & D cars that seems to ignore the RPO approach. 91-96 B-body Chevy sedans, wagons and Buick Roadmaster wagons received 2 horns in production. Roadmaster sedans were built with 4 horns, even the lowest level base model. Cadillac Fleetwood (D) also was also built with 4 horns. No RPO exists to differentiate the 2 horn packages, which also dictated a different front chassis wiring harness.
That's because the 4 horns were a base option on both the Buick and Caddy. No need for a RPO code when it's a base option. There are many base options that are different between the Caprice, Buick, and Caddy. The RPO codes only alter (or add to) the base options for that model. The Buick and Caddy are called out as different models compared to the Caprice. They have a different VIN format (ie: 1G4 for the Buick instead of 1G1 for the Caprice). Therefore, they start with different base options, even though add-ons may be the same option code across all 3 carlines. The Impala SS, on the other hand, is an example of an RPO code that upgrades a Caprice. WX3 is the RPO code for that.
Tom (AKA: Storm)
2011 Caprice 9C3: L77, 8K miles, first-owner, purchased July 2011.
1995 Caprice 9C1: LT1, 178K miles, summer car.
1995 Impala SS: LT1, 21K miles.
1995 Caprice Wagon: LT1, 62K miles.
1995 Caprice Wagon: LT1, 128K miles. Rust In Pieces
1994 Caprice 9C1: LT1, beater winter car.
1969 Chevy C30: 383ci stroker, 4L80E, rollback car hauler.
1972 Chrysler Newport: 400ci big block, survivor 27K miles, 2-door hardtop.
1969 Dodge Charger: 383ci big block.
elc32955
System Manager

Post by elc32955 »

Greg, I'm wondering if you have the complete list there. Check my SPID label, there's codes showing up on mine that aren't on your list.... Always seem to run into this problem with GM for some reason.

Don't know why it didn't take both pages.... I'll have to check into that. Don't think it's a configuration option with the forum that I can control though.
gregc

Post by gregc »

elc32955 wrote:Greg, I'm wondering if you have the complete list there. Check my SPID label, there's codes showing up on mine that aren't on your list.... Always seem to run into this problem with GM for some reason.

Don't know why it didn't take both pages.... I'll have to check into that. Don't think it's a configuration option with the forum that I can control though.
I cut and pasted both pages. Yes there are codes that aren't listed. I have Z49 which is Canadian Base Modification and there's also 1SA which is an option package (options grouped together). Most 9C1s are 1SB which is police package. It's good info especially if you don't have the original window sticker. If I had that option in which your dome lights don't turn on when the door opens I'd think there's something wrong with the car.