What did you do to your Caprice today?

General topics relative to the Caprice and associated vehicles. For items not fitting into other sub-sections in addition to general chat.
NewToMe2013PPV

Re: What did you do to your Caprice today?

Post by NewToMe2013PPV »

Today I removed the mufflers since it takes about 5 minutes. The sound isn't half bad...lol
Boingo

Post by Boingo »

Today I changed the harmonic balancer pulley. I have never had to change one before on a stock car under normal wear. Evidently, after some reading, I guess there was a recall on these balancers having some issue. Mine had a slight wobble and caused the belt to squeak.
Changed it, all quiet.
2011 Chevy Caprice
26k mile purchase
2nd owner
the voices say I am special :D
Car54

Post by Car54 »

Over the past few weeks.

Dod delete!
Have an appointment for a tune in 2 weeks.

Replaced the lower and upper seat covers n cushion drivers side.

Anyone need seat parts like frame switches plastic panels for both seats? NOT available drivers backrest cover and foam. Hole in door side bolster from officers sidearm.

Installed center consol from an SS. One part in order still.

Still to do:

3.27 rear install,

Deck lid with one hole in it. Might sell if anyone interested Huron White one hole with antenna cover attached.

Need to do:

Front springs & struts. anyone have a set of springs???
Rear suspension springs shocks possibly arms n such.
Z09SS

Post by Z09SS »

It was monday, not today.

Sometime soon gonna finish the fog-lights and rear camera.
Stingroo

Post by Stingroo »

Man, I haven't been on here in awhile.

We got our Aussie silverbox installed. No more bowties anywhere on the car now.

Also today, had a mobile guy come out and redo the headliner. He charged me $250 and I thought that was MORE than fair since all I had to do was sit in the house and wait. Came out great! Changed to black... need to get visors and such from a G8 now though:

Next up, eventually, is our G8 console swap. We have everything on hand to do the job.
NewToMe2013PPV

Post by NewToMe2013PPV »

Headliner looks good!

Finally took my push bumper off...was a little bigger job than I expected, but now I can remove the bumper cover pretty quickly if needed lol
Push Bumper Removed.jpg
Push Bumper Removed.jpg (1.37 MiB) Viewed 1206 times
Stingroo

Post by Stingroo »

Thanks!

We got the rear dome light and sunvisors/clips. Can't seem to find the front cubby without spending an arm and a leg though.

Ordered some headlights too. Going to spruce it up for sure!
GammaFlat

What did you do to your Caprice today? Plugs/wires

Post by GammaFlat »

Threw a P0304 code and ran rough only after warming up. Tried to pull the plug wire off of #4 and broke the wire :(.
Changed out plugs and wires. More of a pain than I expected and the cradle ate one of the plugs and a socket. Never recovered them :shock: .
Plugs - large gap and worn. Wires were not brittle but certainly not great.
Ran like a dream after.
Caprice in driveway.jpg
Caprice in driveway.jpg (5.02 MiB) Viewed 999 times
Current: 2013 9C3, deeper trans pan, 12VoltSolutions Remote, Class III hitch, Android Auto capable radio
bstoner

Post by bstoner »

I got tired of my "low battery" message on the DIC and finally fixed it. Everytime I unlocked the car or started the car it would chime 4 times and show "low battery" on the instrument cluster. Battery was fine at 12.7v at rest. Thought it might be related to the keyfob battery but it wasn't. Figured out it is triggered by the BCM when it reads 11.6v or less. More specificially on the 4th connecter (black one) on the BCM in terminal 26 there is a black ground wire. That ground wire runs to the negative battery terminal and if its disconnected or has corrosion the BCM will read low voltage. I was getting infinite resistance to ground on it. Once I fixed that wire I stopped getting the message at every remote unlock and key on.
2014 Caprice PPV, 6.0L, BTR Stage 2 Cam, 3.45, 3" exhaust, Rotofab intake, Chris Henry tuned, future LSA....
s/c'd cav

Post by s/c'd cav »

bstoner wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 1:12 pm I got tired of my "low battery" message on the DIC and finally fixed it. Everytime I unlocked the car or started the car it would chime 4 times and show "low battery" on the instrument cluster. Battery was fine at 12.7v at rest. Thought it might be related to the keyfob battery but it wasn't. Figured out it is triggered by the BCM when it reads 11.6v or less. More specificially on the 4th connecter (black one) on the BCM in terminal 26 there is a black ground wire. That ground wire runs to the negative battery terminal and if its disconnected or has corrosion the BCM will read low voltage. I was getting infinite resistance to ground on it. Once I fixed that wire I stopped getting the message at every remote unlock and key on.
that is some good info , might want to make a new post , or bring back a old post and share that info

in here it will get lost